Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early-stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
Guardant's TissueNext program is applying cutting-edge methods in next-generation sequencing (NGS) to develop tissue-based approaches to provide complete genomic profiling in solid cancers using a variety of genomic and other markers. You will be the senior contributor for a focused team responsible for rapidly optimizing and improving Guardant’s assay by implementing algorithms to improve calling models and pioneer novel biomarker development. You’ll be working closely with multiple functional teams - including laboratory scientists, software engineers, and medical affairs personnel - providing excellent opportunities to interact with and learn from a large number of specialists. You will also be required to summarize and present your work to a diverse audience of functional teams, as well as making recommendations leading to assay improvements.
Guardant's TissueNext program seeks to leverage our leadership in the field of cancer diagnostics to provide innovative and complete testing solutions needed in clinical cancer care now and in the future. Its success is being driven by a team of highly-motivated experts such as yourself, passionate about the potential to revolutionize the field of cancer diagnosis and management thus saving patient lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Work with molecular biologists to troubleshoot and analyze technology development experiments from concept through launch.
● Develop computation methods and procedures to enhance Guardant’s technologies with a patient centric focus.
● Write clear and precise reports for a technical audience.
● Work with members of the bioinformatics group, medical affairs, and epidemiologists to conduct integrative analysis with clinical data.
● Explore genomic data from clinical and research samples and external annotation sources to enhance the quality of clinical reporting.
● Mentor junior bioinformatics staff on the team. ● Work together with our collaborators in industry, hospitals, and academia on high-impact translational research using Guardant Health tests and publish on findings.
● Knowledge of cancer genomics and tumor biology
● Dedicated to make a difference in a rapid-paced startup environment
● Experienced with analysis of genomic and functional genomics NGS data
● Familiar with regulated development environments
● Proficiency with a high-level scripting language (Python/R; Python preferred)
● Experienced in variant calling or other algorithmic processes in functional genomics
● Proficiency with Linux command-line and version control tools (git and GitHub)
● Ph.D. in computational biology/bioinformatics, genomics, machine learning, or related fields and 4+ years industry/academia experience, OR MS and 7+ years industry/academia experience
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.