If you're looking for additional experience, you should try working for a non-profit. At Abuse Refuge Org, we grant you every opportunity to further develop your skill sets, cross-train, lead and excel within your chosen vocation. This is a volunteer position; however, it will give you valuable work experience while helping to further our efforts of helping victims of abuse.
Company Description: Abuse Refuge Org (ARO) is a non-profit 501(c)(3). We focus our best efforts and practices to assist and help those abused by aiding in 10 major areas of abuse to include: Sexual, Physical, Narcissistic, Psychological, Financial, Child, Cyber, Spousal, Bullying and Self-abuse.
**This is an unpaid volunteer position
● Overseeing a growing team of Fundraising Coordinators.
● Works in collaboration with the Fundraising Manager to establish fundraising goals and action plans to reach them.
● Supervises and implements a diversified fundraising plan.
● Promotes community events involving the company.
● Oversees and organizes fundraising activities.
● Drafts and distributes materials to promote fundraising efforts.
● Ensures compliance with applicable laws, regulations, or guidelines related to fundraising.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● Extensive knowledge of the best fundraising practices and strategies.
● Excellent public speaking skills.
● Excellent written communication skills with a proven ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for external publications.
● Excellent interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with media contacts and outlets.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
● Be available to volunteer 15+ hours/week
● Three to five years of experience in fundraising, communications, or related fields required with supervisory experience preferred.
Abuse Refuge Org is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We support the LGBTQ-IA+ community and the disabled communities.
For our hiring practices please refer to this link:
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.