Valassis is a leader in the marketing technology space, processing over 12 trillion calculations and analyzing more than 40 billion digital bid opportunities daily. The Marketing Science team is responsible for data analysis and measurement practices, allowing our clients to connect the dots between online and offline consumer behavior. They develop consumer insights with actionable implications, integrating research into all phases of communication planning process. This work is central to keeping Valassis at the forefront of our industry.
Vericast is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer Manager. The ideal candidate is energized by the thought of developing new system stacks and tools for big data ingestion, processing, and analytics on a multi-petabyte infrastructure. This individual will lead a team of talented engineers responsible for reporting on the delivery of our campaigns and handling technical integrations and data ingestion. They will work closely with product management to develop products that help validate our media buys, ingest data into our platform, and generate datasets and reporting for our teams to analyze and monitor delivery and performance of our campaigns.
- Coaches, mentors, directs and empowers associates through regular 1:1s based on their individual needs and business goals.
- Works with team members to create development plans and provide opportunities for associates to develop new skills.
- Provides frequent feedback (positive and negative) to team members, through both informal and formal review processes.
- Works closely with product team and delivers software features for a set of applications, components, and services.
- Input on product roadmap at team level.
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience as a manager, 2+ years preferred
- Ability to motivate team and serve as the chief cheerleader
- Ability to work with and grow junior team members
- Serve as a hands-on leader who can roll up their sleeves and jump into code
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent communications skills across multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience dealing with conflicting priorities
- Experience drawing requirements from non-technical stakeholders
- Experience with Java and SQL
Vericast is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Administrator directly at 616-541-3145.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.