Every company wants to use data to make informed decisions, and SQL is the lingua franca for data. However, data collaboration is broken. People are rewriting each other's queries, switching apps to visualize their data, and copying/pasting SQL into Slack.
PopSQL solves this by creating a beautiful, fun way to write SQL, visualize data, and share results. The product is loved by data teams from over 2000 companies including DoorDash, Shipt, Redfin, and Optimizely. What we've built so far is just the beginning. Join us and build a great product, a great culture, and a great company 🚀
About the role
About the role
We’re looking for our first marketing hire, a Head of Marketing that will create and lead this function. This is a high-impact leadership role where you will report directly to the CEO and own PopSQL's holistic marketing initiatives and growth targets. A proven track record of marketing results within SaaS is highly desirable.
- Growth marketing/demand gen: Generate leads, develop the attribution model, and use product led growth (PLG) techniques to optimize the funnel. Own the marketing tech stack and marketing website.
- Product marketing: Communicate PopSQL and its benefits to our audience. Own product launches, pricing and packaging, messaging and positioning, and competitive intelligence.
- Content marketing: Own the content strategy to drive acquisition and engagement for PopSQL. Ensure all our content is optimized for search engines (SEO).
- 4+ years in SaaS marketing. Bonus points for developer or data tools.
- You're highly analytical and can monitor, analyze, and iterate on programs across the funnel.
- You are an exceptional communicator and can distill complexity and industry jargon into simple messaging our customers will resonate with.
- At least three hours overlap with US Pacific time zone.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and your dependents
- Flexible working schedule and vacation policy
- MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Apollo to fetch data from our GraphQL API
- Storybook component library
- Electron to power our cross platform desktop application
- Next.js to build server side rendered static sites
- Tailwind CSS
- Rails hosted on AWS ECS
- GraphQL API
- PostgreSQL for our primary data store, Redis and Memcached for caching
- Terraform for infrastructure as code
- We love to weave testing, analytics, logging, monitoring, and alerting into our projects
- Continuous integration/delivery
- GitHub pull requests/code reviews
- Quick daily synchronous product meetings to demo progress and get rapid feedback from your peers