Please apply here: https://smith-crown.breezy.hr/p/d1b6fca49e0e
Due to the high volume of applicants, any materials received without a cover letter or with a generic cover letter will not be considered.
Smith + Crown is the world’s leading blockchain and cryptoasset research and advisory organization specializing in the study and application of cryptoeconomics. Our passion and unique expertise lie in the understanding, design, and application of cryptoeconomic systems across a wide array of industries.
We are a mission-driven organization that believes in the fundamental power of blockchain technologies and cryptoeconomic principles, as well as the unique opportunity for education, knowledge, and research in their development and application.
We are a rapidly growing organization with an overwhelming demand for our unique expertise. We are currently looking to fill several Analyst roles at various levels of experience to join our team, both within our Advisory (consulting) practice as well as our recently established Capital Markets (investments) division. Applicants should be able to demonstrate skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
1) Knowledge and understanding of one or more industry sectors, including but not limited to DeFi, Smart Contract Networks, and the Metaverse.
2) An ability to source and critically evaluate cryptoassets for investment purposes.
3) An ability to thoughtfully deconstruct and design cryptoeconomic systems that support existing networks and businesses.
Foundational knowledge of blockchain technology is a prerequisite for all Analyst roles, with industry experience in a formal role being a differentiator. While you will be nested under either our Capital Markets or Advisory teams, you will have the opportunity to contribute to both practices and other initiatives.
- Researching and analyzing trends, emergent themes, projects, and assets through the prism of investment opportunities and/or cryptoeconomic design
- Developing niche expertise in one or more industry sectors
- Assisting with the drafting of internal project and client materials such as memorandums and decks as part of the cryptoeconomics team
- Data collection and analysis concerning token economies, project fundraising, secondary market activity, on-chain data, and more
- Deconstructing token economies to understand incentive alignments, value flows, and possible conflicts between system actors
- Producing written content for internal research and education purposes as well as the general public
- Independently sourcing investment ideas and recommending these to senior team members with the support of high-quality written material as part of the Capital Markets team
- Contributing to market analysis and other investment-related research activities as part of the Capital Markets team
*Minimum Requirements for all positions*
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a formal role in the blockchain industry
- Excellent writing, editing, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of blockchain technology, cryptoeconomics, and related industry trends
- Research background (qualitative and quantitative, in a business or academic environment)
- Ability to learn quickly (and enthusiastically): the drive for learning required in this space cannot be overstated
- Uphold cultural values of excellence and ownership
- Self-motivated, with a bias for action and proactive problem solving
- Passion for cryptoeconomics
*Preferred Qualifications for Senior position(s)*
- Masters Degree or Ph.D. in Economics or related field
- Experience or background in behavioral economics, game theory, inventive models
- Direct contributor in a cryptoasset investing position and/or consulting experience with a focus on cryptoeconomics
- Deep expertise and/or personal interest in a particular sector within the industry including but not limited to DeFi, Smart Contract Networks, Gaming, the Metaverse, CeFi, Storage & Computation, Monetary Assets, Scaling technologies, and Middleware
- Experience producing financial and valuation models
- Strong technical data skills (R, Python, SQL, Excel)
We look to grow leaders and entrust team members with the ability to grow and develop into everyone’s full capacity, and this ultimately relies on the establishment of mutual trust and respect. In practice, this means that all team members are encouraged to pursue ideas and opportunities they identify as useful to the firm and the furtherance of cryptoeconomics while still being a team player at all times.
Smith + Crown now operates on a fully remote/distributed basis - an ability to work around Pacific, Eastern, or European timezones will be critical for staying connected and aligned.
As part of your application, please include any relevant written content that speaks to your ability to identify and explain investment opportunities and/or explain cryptoeconomic systems along with your resume and cover letter. We also ask that applicants complete our attached questionnaire.