Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
This position can be remote, but only applicants authorized to work in the US or in the provinces of Ontario or British Columbia, Canada will be considered.
The LIMS team is looking for an energetic software engineer to build and enhance our Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) and other supporting services for our new NGS based diagnostic products.
As a member of the LIMS team, you will:
· Work on the systems that takes patient samples from order to result in a multi-product clinical laboratory
· Specialize in configuration and customization of commercial off-the-shelf LIMS platform to support order to result workflows
· Develop microservices applications for various capabilities and system integrations
· Communicate and vet design proposals with cross-functional teams and incorporate feedback prior to implementation
· Code for efficiency, reusability, scalability and all other abilities by following existing frameworks and practices or creating new ones when needed
· Develop and maintain automated tests for regular release
You are eager to learn new technologies and languages. You enjoy an agile, fast paced and highly technical environment. You are comfortable with every aspect of the software development lifecycle, from requirements to production support. You can collaborate within and across teams, understand the big picture, and design and implement codes with automated unit tests. You are able to work both independently and collaboratively.
Specifically, we are looking for candidates who have:
· 5+ years of experience developing software in Java, or other object-oriented languages
· Experience of working with COTS LIMS or Sample Management systems, such as LabVantage, or STARLIMS is highly desirable
· Hands-on experience with data modeling, developing schemas (relational databases, XML/JSON), data management and processing (relational and NoSQL data stores)
· Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and Amazon Web Services
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment leveraging an agile development framework, understanding of test automation and continuous integration
· A Bachelor’s Degree in CS/EE or a discipline of Biosciences is required
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.