FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
Reporting to a FireEye Developer Advocate, your primary role will be to engage with and understand FireEye’s developer community and create opportunities for positive, meaningful interactions and memorable experiences.
As a Developer Advocate Intern you will be responsible for establishing and strengthening relationships with members of the developer community, with an intention to increase brand awareness and adoption of our product API’s and support our customers' growth through education and general community engagement. You will help developers in interactive, hands-on and virtual environments, share knowledge through educational programs, foster new connections and inspire ideas through live events and code. You will relay developer feedback from the community directly to the FireEye product team, which will inform our product and engineering roadmap and ultimately benefit customers.
What You Will Do:
- Represent FireEye to the greater developer community through online content.
- Collaborate directly with product, marketing, and other internal teams to share developer feedback and shape how we design, build, and market products.
- Drive product API usage by creating blog and video content, developing code samples and open source tools
- Assist with product documentation, tutorials, Hackathon events, and other education efforts within Developer Relations.
- Working on a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with API's
- Experience developing with Python, C++ or similar languages
- The ideal candidate should be enthusiastic about software development and have an intimate understanding of developers and a large capacity to empathize with their unique challenges and opportunities.
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to work on a team and help each other as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a knack for breaking down complicated concepts into digestible, approachable explanations
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Mandiant (formerly FireEye) has announced the sale of its Products business to Symphony Technology Group. Learn more about the sale here: https://www.fireeye.com/company/press-releases/2021/fireeye-announces-sale-of-fireeye-products-business-to-symphony-technology-group.html. This position will be part of the FireEye Security organization under the purchasing company. Our new company's security portfolio protects customers across endpoints, infrastructure, applications, and in the cloud. We will accelerate efforts to develop an integrated security platform powered by artificial intelligence and automation for superior threat detection and prevention.