Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Software Engineer Lead plays a leadership role in all aspects of Merkle software projects. This role will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems that are leveraged by both internal and external clients. The Software Development Team Lead will provide both technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
· Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
· Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
· Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
· Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
· Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, software architects and stakeholders to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain applications and services used throughout the organization and our clients
· Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
· Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
· Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
· Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
· Manage and support deployment of releases.
· Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current standards and technologies
· Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
· Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
· Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to
· Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
· Provide third-level support to business users and developers.
· Research and evaluate a variety of software products and technologies.
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.