Travelstride is an ambitious Venture-funded Seed stage company led by industry & startup veterans that is serving a large, long-term growing opportunity. Our investors include JetBlue Technology Ventures, NFX (top VC for marketplaces), New York Angels, Sand Hill Angels, and the founders of Trulia, Get There, Hipmunk, TripIt, and Google Now.
We are the top US marketplace for tours, private tailor-made vacations, & adventure trips. Our platform hosts more than 50,000 travel experiences across every continent from ~1,500 of the world’s best travel companies and local experts. With over 125,000 trusted reviews, Travelstride enables travelers of all types to explore the world with ease and confidence. And we are expanding into becoming the most useful and engaged online community for the top 10% of passionate travelers.
We are a values and mission driven company. Here's what's most important to us:
Our purpose: Bring wonder, joy, learning, and connection through better and more frequent travel.
Our mission: Foster a community connecting travelers with wonderful places, people and experiences.
Our vision: Become the most useful travel community, where people of all types find, share, and book wonderful trips.
Our mantra: Think big. Start Small. Move fast. First do it. Then do it right. Then do it better.
Our core values: Arete, Speed, Grit, Daring, Balance, Growth mindset, Responsibility, Proactive, United, Fun, Resourceful, Trustworthy
As Travelstride’s Content & Email Marketing Manager, your primary goal will be to enrich, cultivate, and grow Travelstride’s member community through email campaigns and content creation. This role will be in charge of developing new marketing and drip email campaigns in Mailchimp and Vero. You’ll use social media and affiliate/referral programs to grow our user base. You’ll be responsible for scaling our content production with front-end SEO tactics. You’ll also be in charge of ensuring quality across all of our web content, from blogs to product descriptions, working with the product, partnerships and data entry teams.
We’re looking for someone who can balance community engagement with producing content, keeping big picture strategy and the finer points of content marketing & SEO in mind. You’ll be excited to use data analytics and current digital marketing strategies to improve KPIs and our overall user experience.
To thrive in this role, you would possess a unique blend of community building experience, writing skills, SEO knowledge and an understanding of email marketing management.
On our team you will...
1. Be in charge of all website content: SEO, brand, and UX copy. Write and assign travel articles for our blog and destination pages, collaborate on brand copywriting updates, and help improve our UX copy. A good understanding of geography is essential.
2. Manage our email marketing, including newsletters and triggered campaigns. You are excited about meeting aggressive retention goals and have a keen eye for a persuasive subject line.
3. Increase our backlink portfolio through strategic outreach efforts and marketing campaigns.
4. Manage and grow our affiliate marketing program to increase revenue and new members.
5. Cultivate a community of “true fan” Travelstride users. You’re passionate about expanding our audience and uncovering new and creative ways to encourage UGC on the site and our social media accounts.
6. Keep ahead of the trends in travel and create attention grabbing content, making Travelstride the “place to go” for the most up to date, useful, and interesting travel content.
7. Ensure data quality in products across the site by coordinating with our data operations specialists and partnerships teams. Familiarity with content management systems is essential, Hubspot is a bonus.
8. Track performance of campaigns and site content through Google Analytics and SEO platforms like AHREFs.
9. Assist with various marketing campaigns and other projects.
10. Create new media assets for use in emails and social media posts with Canva.
11. Manage interns, freelancers and data operations specialists.
Have 3 to 5 years of content marketing experience
Have experience managing email campaigns
Have a deep knowledge and love of SEO and keyword research, or are willing to learn
Feel passionately that ‘success is in the details’ as much as in the ‘big picture’
Love managing multiple projects simultaneously and hitting deadlines, using the 80/20 rule as your mantra
Enthusiastically and proactively help beyond the bounds of your day to day role
In a perfect world you would...
(but we don't live in one and don't expect everything below)
Have experience in consumer marketplace, ecommerce or other transaction-oriented consumer web apps
Have some technical SEO knowledge
Have experience loading content into an e-commerce platform
Have experience working remotely with a global team
Have previously thrived in a true early startup experience previously (from Bootstrap to Series B)
Have experience managing a team of remote workers including freelancers and interns
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why work with us? The benefits:
An open, collaborative, and conveniently located office at an awesome, dog-friendly co-working space in downtown Austin, TX
Regular company lunches plus quarterly team outings & parties
The chance to be an early contributor at a growing startup & work directly with our CEO and Director of Business Development
Travelstride’s main office is in Austin, Texas. We have extended team members spanning the globe. This position is flexible- the right candidate can work in the office in Austin or remote (strong preference for US time zones, European time zones are acceptable, no option for Asian time zones).
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.