Qventus provides a real-time decision-making platform for hospital operations. Our mission is to simplify how healthcare operates, so that hospitals and caregivers can focus on delivering the best possible care to patients. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products and solutions that help nurses, doctors, and hospital staff anticipate issues and make operational decisions proactively. We work with leading public, academic and community hospitals across the United States.
Qventus works with leading public, academic and community hospitals across the United States. The company was recognized by the 2019 Black Book Awards in healthcare for patient flow and by CB Insights as a 2019 top 100 Most Promising Company in Artificial Intelligence. Recently, Qventus won the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Emergency Response for the Healthcare System Innovation Challenge through its work helping health systems across the country plan for and operate in the COVID pandemic.
Qventus is looking for an energetic, personable and quick-learning Clinical Operations Consultant to assist us in working with hospital clients to deploy our solutions, expand existing use cases, develop new modules and drive client outcomes by leveraging the Qventus platform. The role requires someone who is passionate about making healthcare operations more efficient, and is technically-minded.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A healthcare professional license with 5+ years of hospital clinical or operations experience and 2+ years in a process improvement consulting/project management/clinical informatics role with demonstrated knowledge of common hospital workflows.
- A clinical background in care coordination, discharge planning or nursing leadership is strongly preferred.
- A track record of leading clinical teams in process improvement and redesign projects.
- Experience in understanding clinical requirements, departmental information flows and the ability to creatively identify and design solutions that reflect user needs, integrate technology meaningfully within end-user workflows and position care teams to drive desired outcomes.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal + written), project management and client service skills with the political savvy to engage with client C-suite executives.
- Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical and process redesign skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) in order to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction.
- Basic technical understanding of EMR data - including understanding of databases and object-oriented programming - with a desire to expand his/her technical knowledge to fully understand and integrate Qventus solutions.
- Flexible learning mind-set with a high level of critical thinking and the ability to navigate ambiguous and dynamic circumstances and environments.
- Strong written communication and documentation skills to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Qventus standards of quality.
- Highly desirable if the candidate has convenient access to a major airport.
Core Position Requirements:
- The clinical operations consultant will serve a critical role in developing strong relationships with key clinical / operations leadership and end users in our client hospitals.
- Understands the clinical operating environment and workflow needs, leads clients to adopt effective patient flow and discharge planning processes.
- The consultant will advise and assist hospital users on how to best integrate Qventus product features into these processes.
- Ability to solicit feedback on Qventus product features, synthesize ideas and feedback to collaborate with Qventus technical teams for product improvement.
- The consultant will independently analyze client data and evaluate information from deployment activity - interviews and observations, to create compelling use cases that leverage the full capabilities of Qventus solutions.
- The consultant will be a key part of the project team during deployments at new clients to assess the operating environment and identify critical success factors and risks that may affect the success of the deployment and client outcomes.
- The consultant will work closely with end users and the Qventus team to properly configure our products and ensure all important use cases are addressed. Once the software is deployed, they will maintain periodic contact with users to ensure Qventus solutions are being leveraged by client teams to drive expected outcomes.
- Further, this person will be expected to think creatively about new use cases for the product and work with the product, data science and engineering teams to scope, develop and implement new solutions, use cases and applications for the Qventus platform.
- The role will require travel to client facilities - about 75%
Additional candidates attributes that are highly desired:
- Ready and eager to pick up new skills as needed.
- Creative problem-solver, willing to be a trailblazer.
- Ready to ‘step outside’ their role to help teammates.
- Highly dependable and detail-oriented.
- Excellent listener and able to align with our core values of plan, do, learn, improve; help others succeed; simplicity; accountability and ownership; customer empathy; and honesty delivered respectfully.
Qventus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.