At Bosch, “Invented for Life” is what drives us and our vision of global future mobility. Bosch has an outstanding track record on pioneering key technologies worldwide which continuously shapes the way we move. The next big milestone in our sight is to make autonomous vehicles a reality, bringing its benefits to today's roads.
We are a growing team looking for technology leaders who want to make their mark by solving some of the hardest challenges in robotics and artificial intelligence.
If you want to take autonomous vehicles, not only one step further, but all the way, then we would like to hear from you.
In particular, we are looking for an experienced staff robotics engineer for our Grid Sensor Data Fusion team with Product Owner experience and outstanding expertise in the field of grid based sensor data fusion (static & dynamic).
• Foster and further grow the Sensor Data Fusion Team
○ Support professional development of team.
○ Actively grow team competence by improving technical skills (mentoring).
• Design, develop, implement and evaluate next-generation algorithms for:
○ Grid based sensor data fusion (static & dynamic grid)
• Deliver reliable software through code reviews, continuous integration and automated testing.
• Analyze performance based on recompute, simulation and real-world testing.
• Works in an agile environment and continuously reviews the business needs, refines priorities, outlines milestones and deliverables, and identifies opportunities and risks.
• Align the Sensor Data Fusion component vision and roadmap by shaping technical discussion with other teams and creating consensus.
• Prioritizes and maintains the sprint backlog for assigned products, balancing the requirements of stakeholders.
• Translates product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria.
• Strong expertise in grid based approaches for sensor data fusion (static & dynamic grids)
• Working experience in the field of automated driving.
• Strong background in probabilistic robotics.
• Balance of technical knowledge and project management acumen
• Proactive, self-starter with excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners and stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment
• High degree of organization, individual initiative, and personal accountability
• Strong background in writing algorithms in CUDA and C++ efficiently and correctly in a production environment (code reviews, unit tests, ...).
• Knowledge of Linux, and development on Linux systems.
• Proven system integration and software architecture skills.
• Bachelor of Science in Robotics/Computer Science (or related field) .
○ Bachelor of Science plus 10+ years of industry experience
○ Master of Science plus 7+ years of industry experience
○ PhD plus 5+ years of industry experience
• PhD in relevant field of probabilistic robotics plus 5+ years of industry experience
• Leadership experience
• Experience with physically realistic simulations (timing frameworks, physical modeling and validation, hardware-in-the-loop).
• 5+ years of professional experience in C++ programming
• 3+ years of professional experience in parallel computing (CUDA, OpenCL, or similar)
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
BOSCH is a proud supporter of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics) Initiatives
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.