We at IBA InfoTech find the Hidden Talent across the globe. We connect caliber candidates with leading companies in contract, contract-to-hire and direct-hire positions in various industries - Oil & Gas, Energy, Telecommunications, Transportation, Business & Finance, Retail, Hospitality and Insurance.
Role: Java DevOps Engineer
Work location Remote
Rates: $60 hr/AI & $55/hr W2
Duration: 8 to 12 Month Contract
As a member of the team, you will be expected to contribute to the design and implementation of high quality, well-architected software products with a specific focus on hybrid cloud, distributed systems, scalability, elasticity and SLA guarantees. In this role you are expected to interact with Architects, Product Managers, User Experience, Solution Architects and sometimes with Partners and customers to discuss and collaborate strategies for enhancing features and to come up with the next generation products. Critical thinking and self-motivation is a must as the candidate will be driving and delivering key roadmap items.
- Drive and deliver feature roadmap items on schedule.
- Participate in sprint planning and daily scrum meetings, and deliver sprint commitments on time.
- Collaborate in large-scale distributed systems design discussions.
- Design and develop software in Java and Python.
- Employ test driven development practices as part of the development process.
- 3-5 years of software development experience
- Experience developing for cloud-based/SaaS solutions
- DevOps experience/mindset involving CI/CD, reliability, scale, monitoring, and live site culture
- Experience developing client-server and distributed applications
- Excellent command of Java and related technologies in the areas of web services, build, and test
- A solid foundation in computer science, with deep knowledge of data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming, and software design
- Strong object-oriented design skills
- Understanding of system architecture, including processors, storage and networking is highly desirable
- Proficiency in developing for Linux environments
- Knowledge of Kubernetes/Docker/containers
- Strong problem-solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Driven, self-motivated individual
- Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent from a reputable university
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.