- A minimum of 5-10 years of sales management experience in the building products or consumer durable goods industries preferably in an entrepreneurial, fast growth environment.
- Experience and knowledge of the Wholesale Distribution Business/Channel
- Proven experience in strategically growing or expanding a sales territory and developing business plans with customers.
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience and a track record of coaching, developing and mentoring talent.
- College or advanced degree in Business or Sales/Marketing preferred
- Strong planning, organizing and change management capabilities.
- Outstanding customer relationship and collaboration capability
- Ability to work effectively in a team and process-based environment.
- Strong bias for action and results focus.
- Ability to effectively work in a team and process-based environment.
- Possess outstanding communication skills (written, presentation and one on one).
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Adoption Assistance
- Culture committed to work-life balance
- Programs in place to support professional development and career growth
- Stock purchase program and charitable gift matching
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
WORK LIFE BALANCE
This will be reviewed regularly with COVID-19 protocols
- Approximately 30% travel, majority within district
- Travel & expense reimbursement program
ABOUT THE JOB
In this role you will lead the company’s revenue growth goals for the region through our wholesale distribution customers. As a member of the Wholesale Distribution Leadership Team, you will be a key contributor to the strategic direction and decisions for this business channel. You will supervise a team of Territory Managers.
The bullet points below reflect roughly 80% of your job. We are a fast-paced company, you may be pulled in a variety of different directions with tasks added or changed.
- Participate in strategic planning for Wholesale channel, translate vision into district/regional strategies, business plans, budgets and targets for district/region market share, sales and profit growth.
- Assist Territory Managers with business development planning for specific market segments and channels.
- Provide forecast input into operational planning process.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and target new accounts. Owns some account relationships, delegates other account responsibilities to Territory Managers and Segment Specialists/Managers.
- Supervise Territory Managers and Specialists.
- Select, hire, lead, manage, coach and develop district team.
- Grow total district sales. Collaborate with Territory Managers, and National Account Managers in the establishment of specific sales plan for district/region.
- Assist in growing and cultivating customer relationships and closing deals.
- Act as primary contact for escalation of issues brought forward by Territory Managers.
- Inform VP, Sales, Retail Sales, Product Management and Marketing of major issues or concerns involving competitor activities.
- Maintain budget for district sales team, prepare monthly report of new sales activity and future opportunities for district.
- Manage metrics such as: sales revenue, profitability, market share growth, fiberglass mix and other (S & OP, corporate goals, leadership competencies etc.).
- Attend tradeshows and other customer events as necessary.
- Lead your team in the implementation of the Sales Process and CRM tools.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs