We achieve this in two ways. First we improve lives on the frontline through delivery of public services. Secondly, we use our knowledge to change 'the system', to fix the complex web that can trap and disempower those it was set up to help. With the heart of a charity and the mindset of a business, we are uniquely placed to deliver on this challenging agenda.
The National Citizen Service (NCS) is a fantastic opportunity open to all 15 to 17-year-olds across England, providing them with skills and experiences that can’t be learnt in the classroom. We aim to support participants' personal and social development and help them develop the confidence, skills and attitudes they need to take on active roles in their communities and develop themselves for their own future.
Since 2010, 35,658 young people have taken part in Catch22 NCS programmes, dedicating over 460,000 hours to social action and community projects. Over 3000 dedicated members of Catch22 NCS staff helped make this happen.
1. Support, encourage and motivate a team of fifteen young people to complete all phases of the NCS programme, including pre-programme engagement, outward bound experience, social action planning & delivery and graduation events.
2. Assist the NCS Programme Lead/ NCS Wave Leader and NCS Team Leader to ensure all necessary and appropriate safeguarding, data handling, health & safety and other legal requirements are in place to protect NCS participants and staff
3. Work with the NCS staff team to deal with challenging behaviour from young people
4. Engage and build positive relationships with young people and their parent/carers to provide effective support on a one-to-one or group basis to achieve NCS outcome targets.
5. Ensure programme content is relevant to the local community and builds on existing relationships with partner individuals and organisations in order to provide young people with a quality NCS experience, ensuring they learn community and citizenship values within their local environment.
6. Ensure any matters for concern are reported immediately to the NCS Team Leader or NCS Programme Lead / Wave Leader and support the completion of any necessary reporting (including safeguarding reports and incident reports).
7. Assist in ensuring in-kind funding opportunities are maximised and on or above target.
8. Attend regular supervision sessions and compulsory training to enable all duties to be carried out effectively.
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, orally and in writing.
Ability to work on your own initiative to an agreed action plan.
Ability to organise your own work routines effectively.
Ability to handle sensitive and confidential issues with tact and diplomacy.
An awareness and understanding of Equality & Diversity issues.
Punctual and reliable to ensure professional service.
Creative and flexible and able to work well with others in a team.
Commitment to personal and professional development.
See the benefits of working for Catch22 here.
Unless otherwise stated, interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
At Catch22 we value equality, diversity and inclusion. We are wholeheartedly committed to the principle of equality of opportunity, both as an employer and as a provider of services. Diversity and Inclusion is part of what we do every day, working to deliver our vision to build a strong society where everyone has good people around them, a purpose, and a good place to live.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.