Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
· To take overall lead, management and control of the FM service delivery across a PFI portfolio of contracts in the south of England in a professional way to ensure that the contract/s operate efficiently, profitably and effectively, to achieve and maintain full contractual and statutory compliance.
· Provide support and guidance to the Contract Managers in the management and delivery of contractual obligations and client expectations for the identified contract/s
Support the Head of Education - South in the management and delivery of all contractual obligations , ensuring the client/s expectations are met, and support any other activities associated with the contract and portfolio as required and / or instructed.
· To ensure the contracts operate efficiently and effectively.
· To ensure profitable accountability across the portfolio
· To ensure statutory compliance is met , reported and actioned as required
· To ensure responsibility for identifying and managing risks within the contract/s and escalating as appropriate
· Ensure controls are in place to monitor the management and delivery of the services provided by Mitie and its subcontractors.
· To regularly review such controls with the Contracts Managers and ensure appropriate action is taken, e.g. statutory compliance, H&S inspections and food safety, sub-contractor management
· To ensure appropriate contract/s administration and record keeping is maintained and to spot check records with the Contracts Managers during site visits
· Ensure effective programming of planned preventative maintenance and lifecycle works in liaison with the Technical Manager/s and the PFI contractual lifecycle submissions calendar/s
· Ensure contractual obligations are met and observed in line with the Commercial Obligations Trackers
· Responsible for the appropriate selection, recruitment, management, training and retention of staff in line with Mities HR, RTW policy and procedures and DBS requirements
· To be intrinsic in ensuring staff development , training , guidance and internal progression (PDPs / Annual Reviews) is managed across the portfolio
· Liaise with the Head of Education on procurement, variations and contract changes within the allocated contract/s to maximise value for money.
· Ensuring compliance of all H&S legislation and issues relating to the contract/s, and compliance with all internal & external audit processes.
· Ensuring interface with the client/s on H&S issues (completion of joint plans), policies and procedures.
· To liaise and work closely with Mitie support functions and specialists in co-coordinating and assisting in their input into the contract/s.(Commercial / Lifecycle / Soft Services / Business Support / HR /Technical)
· Communicating Mitie policies and procedures to site teams to ensure implementation and adherence to them.
· To play an active role in the Mitie operations team in developing and supporting improvements in line with the company’s values and standards.
· Conducting and attending regular team meetings to agreed frequencies and attend all necessary contractual meetings required by the individual contracts / SPVs / Local Authorities
· Ensuring the production of monthly reports, reviewing management accounts & contract expenditure, producing all necessary documentation to ensure contractual compliance including utilities, lifecycle and benchmarking data for contract/s.
· To provide regular and effective feedback to the Head of Education on the performance management of the contract/s for all aspects of service delivery, staff management and legal compliance.
· Must undertake an enhanced disclosure through the PVG and meet the requirements of Mities DBS policy.
· Preferred applicants should be educated to degree level or hold a higher education qualification aligned to Facilities Management along with a demonstrable record of continuous personal development within the industry.
· Proven experience of PFI Facilities Management, to include experience of education contracts and excellent all round knowledge in a highly contractually complex environment.
· Proven experience of establishing stakeholder relationships and achieving sustained operational successes.
· A detailed operational understanding of Utilities, Lifecycle and Benchmarking management
· Sound relationship management and interpersonal skills.
· Communication, influencing and negotiating skills.
· The ability to work on own initiative and to drive improvement and change as necessary.
· Problem solving and decision making.
· Coaching & People management, able to lead from the front and drive motivation within the teams
· PC literate with Excel and Word skills.
· Able to manage time effectively to ensure all contracts are supported, time away from home will be required to ensure operational obligations can be met across the region/s
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.