Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over thirty years and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 12 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Primary role purpose:
Inmarsat is experiencing an increased activity level. To support more growth, we need a Production Engineer in Rotterdam to support the EMEA region. You will be a key person and function in the Supply Chain Operation Team in further development and maintenance of production engineering equipment, for both internal and external Customers. You are required to possess Engineering knowledge in building and testing of equipment. The Production Engineers are also responsible for rebuilding, faultfinding, and maintenance of the same equipment.
Carry out tests on all types of equipment that pass-through Production.
· Carry out production assembly, configuration and testing, and documentation of Inmarsat ADE, BDE, and LTE equipment.
· Conduct pre-configuration of Infinity unit/s, self-replacement hardware and other value-add on equipment, including Fleet Broadband Terminal and other kitting materials.
· Ensure that assigned tasks are completed on time and that any issue encountered during testing is reported and resolved with Engineer.
· Work closely with Production, RMA and Logistics, as part of Supply Chain Operations team.
· Follow up file creation and activation for planned production schedule.
· Follow testing schedule base on delivery.
· Ensure Quality is check upon testing.
· Upload test documents in Pulse, including completed tasks related to Production.
· Contribute ideas in improving processes to enhance quality and maximize efficiency at Production by identifying problems or bottlenecks using LSS methodology.
· Assemble kitting materials such as UPS kit, Fleet Data kit, LTE cabinet and termination of RF Cables.
· Support Production on assembly and cabling works of planned production orders.
· Coordinate with Superiors on the daily priority schedule for assembly work.
· Ensure assembled kits are labelled properly and placed on dedicated shelves.
· Handle ZCAP order creation and time confirmation in SAP.
· Assist the team in assembling VSAT equipment and Value-added equipment to
· Assemble and wire customized racks.
· Report weekly to Production team.
· Carry out any other ad-hoc task/s that may be assigned by the Production Manager.
· In-charge all safe keeping of common tools used in production.
· Ensure production floor is tidy at the end of the day.
· Specialized of rebuilding rack and customizing racks for specific customer request.
· Ensure all the consumable parts used in production rack building are closely monitored for availability.
· Support other departments, tasks and duties as assigned by Manager, if required.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Supply Chain is preferred.
3 + years of experience in Production Engineering and Testing.
Ability to read and understand Schematic Drawing and Manufacturing Procedure.
Knowledge of Supply Chain operations is an added advantage.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to do structured Reporting, Multi-Tasking, work independently and a Team player.
Hardworking and take ownership of tasks.
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of VSAT and Inmarsat products are preferred
Knowledge of SAP ERP and Pulse system are referred
Knowledge in Maritime VSAT and Communication equipment are an added advantage
Skill set in Excel, Words and Power Point
Knowledge to LEAN mentality
Always keep up to date on the technical side of Inmarsat Maritime product portfolio
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises.
Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences.
Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the head of everything we do.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.