As a member of the team in our Global Business Solutions (GBS) center, conducts data processing and QA calculations in the analysis of EHS matrix samples in chemical lab. In particular, validates, calculates and reports lab results to strict quality and ethical standards.
- At all times, complies with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct.
- Performs various data processing functions, including laboratory data and QA calculations and integrations, quality control checks, LIMS entries, and other data management functions as required.
- Ensures lab deadlines are met and the GBS Team Coordinator (or section Lab Manager in their absence) is notified immediately if the turnaround time specified cannot be met.
- Ensures all testing methodology and quality control procedures are performed according to ISO17025 and assigned SGS lab standards where applicable.
- Keeps Affiliate Manager, GBS Supervisor and any other key Affiliate personnel informed immediately of all operational issues, including:
o Personnel matters affecting performance,
o Failure to meet turnaround requirements,
o Failure to meet ISO17025, country certifications and assigned SGS lab standards where applicable,
o Inconsistencies in quality control procedures so they may be rectified immediately,
o Additional training requirements identified.
- Effectively communicate knowledge in order to provide effective feedback for enhanced learning.
- Contributes to the creation and upgrading of technical documentation and instructions, as required.
- Participates in and facilitates training and coaching of Data Validator I colleagues and new hires, ensuring the advancement of knowledge transfer and team expertise.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all required analytical procedures in the section.
- Looks for efficiency gains in your section by being aware of new technologies and reviewing existing procedure.
- Able to respond to technical queries.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned either in support of departmental goals or for his/her personal or professional training, education or development as programmed by his/her immediate superior.
o Participates to effective communication and facilitation trainings developing scope of competency.
- Ensures work area in GBS is kept clean and presentable at all times.
- Remains familiar with SGS quality assurance procedures.
- Complies to all SGS QHSE and HR policies and procedures.