Vericast is reimagining marketing solutions one business-to-human connection at a time. By influencing how over 120 million households eat, shop, buy, save and borrow, Vericast fuels commerce, drives economic growth and directly accelerates revenue potential for over 70,000 brands and businesses. While its award-winning portfolio of products, technology and solutions — including Illumis™, Household Connect™, Valassis Consumer Graph and Harland Clarke ChecksCXTM — are a piece of the Vericast story, its people are the true differentiators; trailblazers in data intelligence, marketing services, transaction solutions, campaign management and media delivery.
The Payroll Accounting Associate processes payroll tax returns for a multi state, multi FEIN employer and ensure regulatory compliance and tax deadlines for federal, state and local payroll taxes. Perform tax audits to ensure proper state and local tax set up within the employee records. Respond to tax inquiries from state agencies and research such tax inquiries. Process payroll and garnishments which includes off cycle payrolls and simulations. Provide support to HR Field. Will interface with most levels of employees within the company with emphasis upon accuracy, timeliness and customer service.
• Prepare returns for various payroll taxes for a multi-state multi-FEIN employer to include federal, state and local withholding, state unemployment and workers compensation within bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly deadlines. Coordinate tax payments with A/P and execute EFT payment transactions with appropriate agencies. Ensure compliance with all tax authorities and meet all tax deadlines. Research and respond to inquires from state agencies regarding payroll taxes.
• Provide daily support to the HR Field on payroll related and payroll tax inquires and compliance/regulatory issues, and seek support from others on more complex matters. Perform payroll tax set up audits each payroll and quarterly to ensure all employees are set up appropriately and work with the HR Field to ensure appropriate corrections are made in the system.
• Assist with performing audits to ensure that all tax payments have been made at the end of each quarter by reviewing each tax folder and comparing to the quarterly reports. Research and resolve tax issues as needed.
• Assist with the payroll processing and subsequent payroll transactions to include general ledger postings and the creation of ACH and check files. Generate required reports for payroll liabilities including net/federal/state liabilities. Verify payroll entries in SAP to include one-time payments and net pay totals and work with the HR Field to make any necessary updates. Assist with off cycle payroll processing and provide support with the garnishment processing. Maintain working knowledge of all payroll policies and procedures.
• Perform annual payroll tax reporting and reconciliations which includes assisting with W-2 processing and ensuring that all tax liabilities have been paid for the year. Perform special projects as assigned.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU? Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K matching and . A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
At Vericast, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients and our community. Vericast considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. In addition, Vericast will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities by contacting us at: [email protected] EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.