Experian is a leading global information services company that helps organizations manage credit risk, prevent fraud, improve data security and automate decision making. With operations all over the world, Experian’s 17,000 associates support clients and operations in more than 80 countries. Generating nearly $5 billion in revenue annually, Experian is primed for growth and searching for the most talented and innovative people to join our family and take us to new heights.
We are looking for a highly motivated, results driven Database Administrator Expert as a key aide to both the IT Infrastructure and Development teams to support existing systems 24x7 and responsible for administering OpenSource RDBMS & No SQL Platforms in LINUX environments. As part of the team the candidate will be required to work with cross-functional teams & help leverage innovative technologies such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cloud base databases (AWS, GCP, Azure, and OCI), DevOps Tools, and etc to build next generation products. The candidate will support the product development process in line with the product roadmap for product maintenance and enhancement such that the quality of software deliverables maintains excellent customer relationships and increases the customer base.
Work with Architecture & Business Unit teams to build, install, configure, and maintain Open Data platforms based on architecture specifications & business requirements.
· Perform operational duties such as RDBMS and NoSQL cluster upgrades, patching, monitoring jobs, capacity management, etc.
· Expert level experience with DevOps tools and methodologies like Ansible and Terraform to automate deployments and monitoring to minimize repetitive tasks and speed up delivery timeline.
· Experience in Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cloud Database Platforms AWS(RDS), Azure, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, and GCP is preferred.
· Installing, configuring, operating, performance tuning, and scaling Database Platforms based on enterprise and cloud scale environment.
· Experience in High availability and Disaster recovery, scalability, and extensibility implementation experience are a plus
· Experience in implementation of end-end security for Database Platforms such as TDE, Access controls, Key management, Active Directory/LDAP integration, SSL etc.
· Translate business requirements and logical designs into working designs and working with Global Development teams
· Collaborate and communication with all levels of technical management and Business Units
· Require on-call 24X7 support of production systems on a rotation basis with other team members
· Fine tune bulk load process and provide database tuning/optimizing based on application needs
· Contribute to team design discussions with detailed technical information
· Identify strategic/tactical solutions and provides risk assessments and recommendations
· Work closely with the security and auditing teams (internal audit, PWC and PCI payment card industry)
· Liaise with internal team members, projects, and stakeholders to ensure that deliverables are in alignment with requirements
· Work as part of a team to achieve the departmental standards.
· Work together with other departments and divisions within the organization to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency, and profitability.
· Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and 5 years of related experience.
· Expert knowledge (5+ years) with the RDBMS and No SQL Platforms such as Oracle, MySQL, and PostgreSQL
· Has built and upgraded multiple enterprise level RDBMS and NoSQL deployments
· Expert level experience with DevOps tools and methodologies like Ansible and Terraform
· Knowledgeable in AWS, AZURE, GCP, OCI, Cloud security, and deployment
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
· Strong Analytical and Communication skills to communicate with business users at all levels
· Experience of working in a team that delivers a high availability service.
· Knowledge and understanding of the business strategy and use of back office applications.
· Ability to adapt to multi-lingual and multicultural environment, additional language skills are a bonus
· Ability to handle conflicting priorities.
· Ability to learn, Adapt, and Receptive to change.
· Self-motivated and pro-active
· Familiar with Agile development and deployment concepts
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and it ensures that we live what we believe.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.