NS BlueScope - Coated Products North America (Coated Products) is a joint venture between Nippon Steel and BlueScope Steel. The Coated Product business operates in the United States, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand, and Indonesia, with its headquarters based in Singapore. This joint venture provides a strong platform to capture growth in new market segments. ASC Profiles LLC and Steelscape LLC are part of the NS BlueScope Coated Products business in the United States and is an industry leader on the forefront of offering innovative steel product solutions. With over 600 employees and eight manufacturing plants across the Western United States, we have built trusted brands which have served the construction industry for almost 50 years.
ASC Profiles LLC is the leading manufacturer of steel roof and wall products and structural roof and floor deck in the Western U.S., servicing customers from eight locations. ASC Profiles services various segments of the steel construction industry through its three divisions, AEP Span, ASC Steel Deck and ASC Building Products.
Steelscape, LLC is a national supplier of metallic-coated and pre-painted steel. Aimed at servicing the construction industry, Steelscape’s products can be used for a wide range of applications from metal buildings to architectural roofing to decking and framing. Steelscape’s facilities, located in Kalama, Washington; and Rancho Cucamonga, California are strategically located near major truck, ship and rail routes to service the Western U.S. market.
The NS Bluescope CPNA spend is divided by logical function/focus area. The Category Manager has the primary responsibility to develop and implement a category spend strategy. They, together with others, also are responsible for maintaining or enhancing CPNA’s competitive advantage in sourcing on the West Coast of the US. This includes serving as a key contributor to addressing regulatory influences on the business.
Key challenges for this role: developing a credible supplier network which extends beyond the past/current relationships, balancing the delivery of high levels of supply reliability with best inventory management practice and optimizing the spend cost impact. This individual supports a culture of high performance, integrity, trust, and business excellence that in turn ensures the company achieves best-in-class business performance.
Business planning & performance management
• Develop a strategy for the category you are responsible for. Identify goals and a timeline to achieve those goals.
• Maintain effective & efficient supply chains for CPNA, while negotiating favorable terms.
• Research to understand the nature of the market supplying the product. Identify key characteristics (market cost drivers) and monitor ongoing.
• Develop an understanding of the key market players which could replicate the current supply chain with CPNA.
• Increase contracted spend versus uncontracted spend
• Track and update current supply agreements using the NS Bluescope US Contracts Register. Be aware of the timeline of expiring contracts for timely management.
• Manage budgeted costs and working capital levels, and maximize value delivery through strategic sourcing initiatives
• Contribute to the Bluescope Sustainable Supply Chain strategic initiative by interfacing with suppliers to solicit survey feedback and corporate compliance. Consider sustainability as a key requirement when qualifying new vendors.
Business stakeholder management
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business partners, internal and external parties. Key relationships include suppliers, counterparts at BlueScope and NSC, and internal Steelscape stakeholders.
People development/high performance culture
• Accountability for the development of personal and functional competencies and relevant knowledge
Management systems and compliance
• Meet all legislative and regulatory requirements which relate to this position
• Monitor changes in legal requirement for import, storage, transportation or handling of respective category
Accountability for managing safety of self and team, towards achievement of zero harm across CPNA
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
• Bachelor’s Degree in commercial or engineering/technical disciplines, or 10 years’ experience with progressive responsibility in supply chain
• Proven success record of strategic sourcing and developing strong networks
• Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate favorable contracts and communicate with all levels of management and the work force
• A high performer with strong drive and enthusiasm
• Master’s Degree in commercial or manufacturing background
• 2 years of management and leadership of teams
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.