Balsam Brands is a multi-brand eCommerce retailer with roots in holiday and home décor. Based in Silicon Valley, the company operates market-leading website such as www.BalsamHill.com. We strive for excellence in everything we do and have been honored to receive the following awards as a result:
The company’s outward focus on building trusted consumer brands along with its internal focus on excellence and being a great place to work have propelled it to consistent, rapid growth.
Balsam International is our Regional Operating Headquarters in the Philippines functioning remotely with a team of hard-working, passionate professionals who contribute significantly to the company’s success. The team in the Philippines enjoy full employee benefits including mandatories (SSS, PAG-IBIG, PhilHealth), 13th month pay, healthcare coverage +2 dependents, internet subsidy (after regularization), continuous learning benefits, access to counseling sessions, paid time off including volunteer days and holiday breaks. The meal subsidies, company trips and other perks are just cherry on top of the work-from-home setup.
Balsam International is looking for a Brand Copywriter. You should be an impactful writer, creative thinker, expert editor, multi-tasker, and motivated team player. You craft unique and compelling stories while ensuring that accuracy, consistency, and brand voice are achieved according to the style guidelines. You excel at staying on top of due dates and juggling multiple projects simultaneously. You work on the Brand & Product Copy team under the Creative team and report directly to the Product Copy Supervisor.
What You’ll Be Doing:
• Collaborate with other team members to brainstorm, concept, and develop compelling copy for emails, web, print, and more
• Utilize Tone & Voice documents for national brands and campaigns
• Create, edit, and proof own copy
• Partner with Marketing and eCommerce teams to meet brand and business goals
• Manage multiple priorities/projects under tight deadlines, working independently and/or with Copy and/or Design team members
• Clearly articulate copy recommendations and analyze briefs to gain clarity before execution
• Manage feedback positively with a focus on finding a win, win solution
• Be brand and customer-centric
• Assist in other copy projects as needed, plus perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
What You Bring to the Table:
**Please send a cover letter and provide a link to your portfolio**
• Minimum 3+ years of experience writing and editing copy in a fast-paced eCommerce environment
• Bachelor's degree English, Communications, Journalism, Advertising, or equivalent work experience
• Excellent command of the English language, with high level of American English reading, writing, and speaking skills
• Working knowledge of AP Stylebook
• Appreciation for good design and a desire for excellence
• Ability to support process — proactively identifying challenges while recommending solutions
• Capacity to meet deadlines and see projects through to completion
• Resourceful and self-motivated attitude
• Strong communication skills
• Must be proficient in basic MS Office applications
• Familiarity with Trello, Jira, or other project management tools
• Comfortable working through a task via electronic means (email, chat, and task management applications)
• Outstanding organizational, time management, and communication skills
• Proactive, efficient, detail-oriented, quick to learn, and has a strong work ethic
Location: Our corporate offices are based in Northern California with a Regional Operating Headquarters (ROHQ) in the Philippines. Company executives visit the Philippines regularly, so team members attend in-person meetings from time to time. The Brand Copywriter position is a remote working position for Balsam International Unlimited Philippine ROHQ in Manila. Team members in the Philippines are located within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro and Santa Rosa).
• Submit an online portfolio that reflects your experience, specifying which work was created 100% by you vs. by a team.
• Must live within Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan or certain parts of Laguna only (Biñan, Cabuyao, Calamba, Los Baños, San Pedro, and Santa Rosa)
• Must be willing to attend occasional in-person meetings depending on the status of the pandemic. For 2021, all in-person gatherings in Balsam are suspended until further notice.
• Must have a back-up laptop or desktop for use, if primary laptop encounters issues
• Must have a fast, reliable DSL, Fiber, or Broadband connection (not mobile or broadband stick) as the primary internet connection with a minimum actual speed of 10 MBPS
• Must have a back-up internet connection of the same speed, if primary connection becomes spotty
• Must have licensed MS Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) including Outlook
• Must have a dedicated, functional laptop that meets the following specifications:
For Windows users:
• OS: Windows 10 - 64 bit or higher
• Processor: Intel Core i3 or better
• RAM/Memory: 4GB or higher
• Hard Drive: 500GB or higher
For Mac users:
• Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i5
• Memory: 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
• Start-up Disk: Macintosh HD
• Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536MB
Nice to Have:
• Experience working for advertising agency or eCommerce retailer writing and/or editing ad copy
• Basic understanding of SEO concepts
• Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
Status: Full Time
Benefits & Perks:
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.