FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
The Mandiant Federal Consulting Services team ensures the long-term success of our clients by providing talented, passionate, and specialized security consulting expertise. We are looking for motivated consultants with strong customer service skills to help our clients assess and evaluate and grow security programs. The successful candidate will possess strong communication skills and experience in consulting services. Successful candidates for this role will be able to guide clients though Cloud security assessments, and leading architecture improvements according to industry standards.
What you will do:
- Perform strategic and/or technical consulting services for operational and cloud-based environments. Services such as security governance, risk assessments, security operations, migrations, and optimization.
- Evaluate client needs, coordinate design for a solution, and clearly communicate the value proposition of complex and highly technical subjects.
- Interface with clients to address concerns, issues, or escalations; track and drive to closure any issues that impact the service and its value to clients.
- Top Secret clearance required; SCI preferred
- 5+ years of information security experience
- 5+ years of Technical expertise in at least three of the following areas:
- Prior experience as a lead system administrator or network engineer in an enterprise environment
- Thorough understanding of enterprise security controls in Active Directory / Windows environments
- Active Directory Trusts and Architectures
- Privileged Access Management best practices
- Windows and Unix endpoint hardening and security control enforcement
- Enforcing application whitelisting and host-based restrictions
- Implementation and enforcement of technologies such as Credential Guard and Device Guard
- Understanding of enterprise networking and knowledge of network segmentation strategies
- Implementation and management for both network and host-based firewall configurations
- Implementing logging configurations for network devices and Windows and Unix endpoints
- PowerShell scripting
- Consultants with experience with Cloud security architecture in these areas will be considered:
- Experience with Cloud Security Architecture, strategy, and regulatory compliance
- Experience with architecting, designing, implementing, or operating IT systems on commercial Cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, and Google
- Experience evaluating the organizational impact of cloud adoption, defining cloud architectural principles, and articulating key security considerations for public cloud moves
- Minimum three years of professional information security experience; ideally in a consulting capacity
- Experience recommending cloud migration disposition
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Ability to successfully interface with clients as a trusted advisor and manage expectations
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a clear and concise manner
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located in New York, New England, Maryland, Virginia, Washington DC, or West Virginia