ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It’s the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It’s why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It’s the aim of our “returnship” program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it’s what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers’ problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We’ve been recognized by Forbes as a World’s Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk’s Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
If you are self-motivated, detail-oriented, and enjoy working in the field and meeting people, then we have a position for you as a BCEGS Field Representative.
ISO’s Building Code Effectiveness Grading Schedule (BCEGS®) assesses the building codes in effect in a particular community and how the community enforces its building codes, with special emphasis on mitigation of losses from natural hazards.
Your major responsibilities will involve:
Consults with clients to conduct, analyze and document results of communities’
adoption of building and other construction codes and amendments, building plan
review, policies and procedures and building department operations, staffing,
training, workload and staff certification. Manages verifications in the office and in
the field and plans trips to ensure efficient, cost effective and timely completion of
work. Maintains corporate standards of quality, timeliness, productivity and
• Preparing a comprehensive report via a computer program on the results of the study.
• Preparing appropriate reports in accordance with established standards.
• Planning trips to ensure efficient, cost effective and timely completion of work.
• Representing ISO at meetings involving community officials.
• Maintaining corporate standards of quality, timeliness and customer service.
• Reporting other information as directed, and performing other duties as assigned.
We are looking for individuals who possess some of the following knowledge and skills, and/or experience:
• Field experience in performing surveys involving detailed analyses.
• Knowledge of building codes, building department operations and building construction is preferred.
• College degree in a technical discipline is preferred but not required.
• Excellent customer service, math, and verbal/written communication skills are essential.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
• Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, possess a strong work ethic and able to demonstrate the ability to work independently.
• Valid driver’s license and overnight travel.
• This position requires a valid driver’s license and some overnight travel, and you will work from your home office to complete all work assignments.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.