At Thinking Capital, we’re changing the landscape of financial technology!
We are searching for a Senior Accountant to join our motivated team of problem solvers.
Thinking Capital is part of the Purpose Financial family of companies.
Simply put, our mission it to empower Canadian small businesses through innovative financial services. At the heart of our offering is our digital experience, which is powered by our proprietary software platform, our real time connections to a multitude of data sources and our advanced data science models. We are squarely in the corner of owners and entrepreneurs, providing for them, and at the right moment, the financial support they need to grow and thrive.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Reporting, the Senior Accountant will support and prepare critical reporting for Thinking Capital's management and stakeholders. These reports include liquidity reports, portfolio analysis, and the preparation of various working papers to support our financial statements. The Senior Accountant will also lead the Accounts Payable processes working in close coordination with the Treasury and Accounting teams. The ideal candidate will have high attention to detail and take initiative to refine processes to maintain a high quality of output.
What you will do:
• Responsible for the preparation of weekly, monthly, and quarterly stakeholder reporting, including loan portfolio reports, cash/liquidity reports, amongst other critical reports.
• Lead accounts payable processes including invoice processing, approval, and payment using our accounting software.
• Prepare accounting working papers including cash, debt, and intercompany reconciliations.
•Actively involved in operational aspects of our various lending facilities, including settlement wires and transferring assets between legal entities.
• Regularly review and improve processes to ensure the finance department utilizes industry best practices and tools.
The skills and experience you bring:
• 3-5 years of work experience within finance or accounting (corporate financial analyst, audit, etc.).
• Finance/Accounting degree and associated designation is an asset.
• Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills.
• Proficient in spreadsheets, MS Office and financial software applications (knowledge of NetSuite an asset).
• Knowledge or interest in databases and/or business intelligence.
Why you should join us:
Surround yourself with a high-performing, energetic and passionate group of people dedicated to the Thinking Capital Mission.
Be part of a team that is revolutionizing the financial system and redefining how Canadian small businesses access capital.
Benefit from an amazing working environment offering you the flexibility to do your best work
Diversity of thought:
Join a team that values diversity and collaboration.
Thinking Capital is a leader in the Canadian FinTech industry and Canada’s largest non-bank lender to small businesses. Since its inception in 2006, the company has enabled over 16,000 businesses to quickly, conveniently and securely access capital to grow.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.