The Tenable Computer Systems Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
• Create, update, unit test, and maintain IBM COBOL programs and CICS batch processing
• Update documentation such as Functional Specification Packages (FSPs) or Program Requirements Packages (PRPs) and/or Visio diagrams, and/or spreadsheets as needed
• Track requirements and create/execute unit test cases
• Provide support for design, architecture, development, deployment and integration of existing COBOL/CICS batch programs
• Work alone and with teams comprised of the primary client and other client stakeholders dispersed across geographical sites
• Create, update, and manage high-quality project documentation that meets IRS acceptance criteria; create and review reports.
• Support analysis data quality and reporting
• Assist with mitigation efforts by providing technical support as required
• Provide status reports, attend meetings and take/distribute minutes
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (or additional four  years of related experience in lieu of degree) required
• The candidate must have information COBOL/CICS experience
• Proven ability to work on and with teams comprised of the primary client and other client stakeholders dispersed across geographical sites and have active IRS MBI clearance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with reviewing/analyzing UWR requirements
• Experience with DB2 and IBM DB2 utilities, SQL, JCL, Batch processing, CICS – Screen Builds and ETL
• Ability to sit for up to 80% of time
• Ability to stand for up to 10% of time
• Ability to reach for or file documents for up to 10% of time
• Frequent use of computer, telephone and office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)
• Work is performed in an office environment with a low to moderate noise level
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.