Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Merkle is seeking a Lead Analyst, Web Analytics to lead the execution of web analytic strategies, including implementation, analysis and reporting for various clients, and be an integral part of the Optimization group at Merkle. Candidates are expected to use their passion for data/analytics and thought leadership to develop innovative ways of improving site tracking and performance.
Candidates must possess a thorough understanding of digital measurement principles ranging from statistical analysis methodologies to implementation strategies, as well as a comprehensive knowledge of the major web analytics solutions such as Adobe Analytics, IBM Analytics or Google Analytics.
Lead Analysts at Merkle must be detail-oriented, team-oriented and skilled at solving problems and answering questions using data and analysis. They must also possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and be willing to travel from time to time to support client projects. The candidate will join a growing marketing strategy team and assist in expanding the search engine and interactive marketing activities for clients.
· Develop measurement strategies for complex business strategies as well as digital marketing campaigns
· Perform hands-on analysis of large volumes of web analytics (tag or log-based collection), customer data and other quantitative data points
· Develop data models and design solutions that translate disparate metrics into business-transforming measurement frameworks
· Define key metrics to measure website performance, construct tracking dashboards and maintain general reporting structures for clients
· Consult with clients and internal teams on projects requiring web analytics platform selection, implementation and/or existing platform remediation
· Manage tracking and reporting across ongoing digital marketing (search, display, email, social, etc.) campaigns
· Serve as subject matter expert on web analytics implementations across multiple projects
· Provide data insights (using web analytics and third-party data sources) to inform site and campaign strategies
· Develop detailed dashboards to deliver standardized reporting for site and campaign performance across various business objectives
· Develop web analytics reporting frameworks and templates, client deliverables and reports
· Develop and document web analytics guidelines and standards for client projects across the company
· Mentor junior analysts on the team to develop their skill and understanding of data, web analytics, and reporting
· A minimum of 3-4 years of web analytics, data strategies and reporting experience
· Keen ability to translate business goals into concrete KPIs and measurement strategies to help track performance against the goals
· Experience with the major web analytics solutions (Adobe Analytics, IBM Analytics, Google Analytics, etc.)
· Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (e.g., spreadsheet formatting, pivot tables, graphs, vlookups, etc.)
· Highly analytical and detail-oriented with a passion for digging into data to identify key trends, results and critical outcomes
· Strong ability to translate, communicate and distill statistics and metrics into a digestible, actionable framework
· Some working experience with major testing tools (HP Optimost, Adobe Target, etc.)
Nice to have
· Intermediate understanding of broader digital marketing channels, including email marketing, display media and social media marketing
· Intermediate understanding of search engine marketing principles (natural and paid search)
· Technical background for a deeper understanding of implementation, testing and debugging
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions and also support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.