Ocean Protocol builds tools for people to reclaim control of their data and unleash an open data economy. Ocean tools make it easy to publish & consume data services as ERC20 datatokens, and bridge data to DeFi. Ocean Market is a DEX tuned for data.
Ocean has a vibrant, expanding ecosystem of data suppliers, data consumers, stakers and community developers. To serve it better, we’re hiring! If you are someone that loves to build things and cares deeply about the future of data, we want to hear from you.
• You will design & build Ocean Protocol core software, from the level of blockchain to the level of dapps
• You will co-plan and co-design the product with your team in an agile, open-source development process
Skills and Experience
• We don’t expect applicants to be an expert in everything listed below which is why we’ve separated the requirements into two tiers. The ideal candidate is obsessed with blockchain; has Solidity experience; and thrives in a distributed team environment.
• 5+ years of software experience
• 1+ years blockchain software experience
• 6+ months Solidity experience
• You focus on the outcome. You work with the team to set goals, then to achieve the goals. You are a creative “make it happen” problem solver.
• Proficient in writing & speaking English
• 1+ years CI/CD experience (e.g. Travis, tox)
• You’re obsessed with blockchain. You follow crypto Twitter, play with dapps, read about Token Engineering, and maybe even yield farm.
• As a bonus, we'd love to hear about cool stuff you've built with: data/service-oriented Web3 tech (IPFS / Filecoin, TheGraph, Chainlink, Polkadot / Substrate, Cosmos) or backend services (REST APIs, Travis, Docker, GraphQL, K8s). The nerdier the better:)
• You’re an excellent writer.
• Preferred work hours: 9-5ish on European time zones
• We don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these. Rather, we’d love to see that you’re interested in them, perhaps know one or two as a starting point, and most importantly, that you’ll learn more about them as you grow with us professionally and personally.
Your Next Step?
If you love to build things and care deeply about the future of data, we want to hear from you! Please send us your application by October 23rd together with:
• your cover letter - why you’d like to join
• your CV
• code samples (e.g. GitHub profile)