Mandiant is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, Mandiant offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, Mandiant eliminates the complexity and burden of cybersecurity for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber-attacks.
The Mandiant Sales Engineer is a customer-focused, highly technical sales professional who provides support and guidance to prospective and current customers while collaborating with Sales Account Managers and partner organizations to recommend and develop appropriate Security-focused solution offerings.
The Mandiant Sales Engineer (SE) acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in the Cyber Security field by the account team, channel partners, and customers.
What You Will Do:
- Understand the customer’s business drivers and how to map these to a Mandiant solution that meets both their needs and budget
- Articulate the benefits of Mandiant products and services to both technical and non-technical audiences. Understand Mandiant differentiators. Research the technical requirements of an opportunity to scope and architect a solution that meets the customer’s needs.
- Conduct Proof of Value customer evaluations for sales opportunities. This includes scoping the appropriate use cases in agreement with customer, installation, and configuration of Mandiant products. Provides PoV report/findings once completed.
- Works in tight collaboration with sales account managers to develop and execute on sales opportunities and campaigns within the territory
- Works in collaboration with Mandiant consulting team for services led engagements
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations, including demonstration of Mandiant products in-line with customer requirements and in support of marketing/partner activities.
- Act as an interface between the Sales organization and technical staff to resolve outstanding issues, engaging product management/engineering as required
- Provide written input for customer proposal and RFP responses including review of SoW where necessary.
- Providing product updates and technical advice to clients and partners on Mandiant Solutions
Day-to-day operations and interactions may involve some of the following technology areas: (in order of importance)
- SOC Operations - SIEMs (ArcSight / Splunk), SOAR, xDR
- Incident Response Concepts
- Workflow procedures, evidence gathering, chain of custody handling
- Host-based Forensics and Windows Internals
- Malware Analysis - Static, Delta, and Dynamic / Runtime approaches
- Knowledge of scripting languages including API integration e.g. Python and Perl
- Cloud Infrastructure and Applications e.g. AWS, Azure, Openstack, Google cloud
- Virtualization Technology – Kubernetes, VMware, Citrix, HyperV, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Application and Networking Knowledge including Troubleshooting:
- Packet Capture
- Network Proxies
- Network Security - Firewalls, IDS / IPS, HTTP/SSL Proxies
- Email Solutions – MS Exchange / o365, other email cloud Solutions, AV and Anti-SPAM products
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Operating System knowledge and associated network protocols, troubleshooting
- Bachelor Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or Equivalent Experience
- Pre-sales experience in Cyber Security space and networking technology space.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with a wide variety of IT technologies and security solutions.
- Overnight travel throughout the assigned territory/region is required, very occasional long haul
- Ability to independently prioritize and execute project tasks in a methodical and disciplined manner. Set and manage expectations with senior stakeholders and team members.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of Mandiant products and solutions.
- Understand and be conversant about Mandiant competitors, their solutions, strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Familiarity with various hacking and exploitation tools and methodologies, common malware families, and Anti-Virus / IDS / IPS evasion techniques
- Knowledge of industry frameworks e.g. MITRE desirable
- CISSP or other security qualifications desired (but not mandatory)