Digital Wholesale Solutions was established in 2001 and now serves over 2,200 partners in the UK and worldwide. As a 100% Channel-focused business, we help our partners navigate the convergence of IT, telecoms and cloud with a constantly-evolving portfolio offering connectivity, mobile, unified communications and more.
Working as part of the Daisy Group of Companies, we have forged strategic partnerships with the UK’s major carriers and suppliers, allowing our partners to benefit from fantastic pricing on market-leading products. We work with the biggest and the best in the industry, which is why we are able to offer such extensive choice for all of our partners.
Salary £40,000.00 to £45,000.00 depending on experience
We are seeking a talented & passionate engineer to join the Infrastructure team and assist in supporting the current IT infrastructure & applications across both Linux & Windows operating systems, as well as working with architects to support the deployment of infrastructure for new projects utilising a mix of traditional infrastructure, and cloud platforms (AWS)
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties to achieve business objectives.
• Maintain & support of application infrastructure (Windows & Linux)
• Design & implement new infrastructure utilising automation tools
• Assist with monitoring, managing & maintaining AWS Infrastructure
• Actively participate in analysing and fixing any issues related to applications or environments.
• Actively monitor applications and environments and take pro-active action to avoid outages.
• Actively participate in analysing and fixing any issues related to application or environments
• Report on all the above to the Head of Infrastructure at regular intervals
• Define and capture qualitive and performance metrics relating to the build & deployment process
• Experience of working with, and setting up virtualized environments
• Experience with build & release automation
• Experience with utilising cloud infrastructure for build and test
• Experience working in a team and in a high paced environment
• Experience working with, and setting up SAN & storage arrays
• Experience working with and managing Microsoft System Centre products (SCCM, DPM, Hyper-V etc)
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience with PowerShell / Bash and scripting languages
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience with automation tools such as Chef & Terraform
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail and appreciation to documentation and following process
• Good understanding of server hardware and organising replacements / installs
• Strong knowledge of Windows server OS
• Good knowledge of Linux server OS
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and logic approach to problems
• Understanding of networking, TCP/IP, DNS, firewall and load balancing as well as traditional infrastructure
What are the benefits of working at Digital Wholesale Solutions?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Digital Wholesale Solutions is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer:
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.