Verdant Services, Inc., is an IT consulting and services company that specializes in enterprise systems used by companies in the food & beverage, medical device, and high tech industries. Verdant provides software implementation, customizations, process consulting, managed services and application hosting, as well as develops value-add proprietary products. Verdant is a triple bottom line company, measuring our success by our financial performance, our individual and collective contributions to society, and our ecological responsibility. We believe that our success is inextricably bound to the success of our customers, and the best way to achieve our goals is to assist our customers to meet theirs.
If you are a Business Analyst looking for a diverse role where you will work with an eclectic mix of technologies and business units, as well as stakeholders at various levels in the organization, then this could be the role for you. Verdant is looking for a Business Analyst (BA) to become a member of the Product Development Team. The Product Development team is responsible for supporting analysis, feature definition and triage of new ideas in collaboration with customers and business product owners – AND - as an extension of the Product Management Team. As a BA with Verdant you will support project implementation within Agile Project Teams. You will also participate in discovery analysis, feature definition/triage, testing, and implementation of new ideas and projects.
You will be responsible for analyzing the business process and user interface requirements for ideas and projects by working closely with the business stakeholders and project/product teams to ensure success. You will engage with Product Owners and idea/project stakeholders and SME’s to define Epics, stories and features, while ensuring appropriate upfront research and analysis has been conducted and assist with backlog refinement and grooming. One key aspect in this role is to clearly understand the needs related to the product by working closely with the Product Owner, SMEs, and other business partners, so they can clearly communicate the product vision and client's needs to the Agile project team and stakeholders.
This is a chance to be involved with a high-visibility group within the organization. You will use your natural investigative and problem-solving skills to help develop new and creative business solutions while conducting insightful analyses to investigate ongoing or one-time issues with the ultimate goal of better serving our customers.
Primary Job Duties
• As a member of the Product Development Team, BA clearly understands the needs related to the product by working closely with the Product Owner, SMEs, and other business partners, so they can clearly communicate the product vision and client's needs to the Product Management Team and Agile Project team.
• Assists with research and analysis to ensure that the appropriate information and context is available for the Project Teams to conduct productive story writing sessions.
• Reviews or creates process and flow maps to understand the business processes and system flows, in order to fully document the business domain.
• Documents any necessary business rules and logic needed to fully incorporate a business process into the system.
• Documents and identifies story dependencies to help facilitate backlog refinement and prioritization.
• Manages a regular cadence for story definition, story writing, story review, and story prioritization to maintain a well-refined and prioritized backlog of sufficient length to support the team's velocity.
• BA reviews or creates process and flow maps to understand the business processes and system flows, in order to fully document the business domain.
• Assists the Product Owner with defining what business value means to the client and how to assess each feature/story based on that business value to help maximize the value the team delivers.
• (2)+ years of Business Analysis experience or proven experience as a Business Analyst. (1)+ years' experience as a member of an Agile team, preferably as an Agile Business Analyst, Product Owner or Scrum Master. Experience working directly with business stakeholders. Experience performing Business Analysis responsibilities.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may be asked to perform additional tasks as required, that may or may not be related to their primary duties.
Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing at a variety of levels to include business stakeholders, vendors, technical teams, customers, and management. At least a year of professional experience as a Business Analyst and/or System Analyst. Familiarity with Agile and DevOps practices and methodologies to include SCRUM and Kanban. Familiarity with software development lifecycle, operating systems, tools to test software applications/systems, development/modeling tools, organization and time management skills. Able to work as part of a large or small team.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities that are highly desirable for the Business Analyst role.
• Experience with SaaS products and Cloud Architectures
• Experience with enterprise system implementations.
• Experience with enterprise system integration
• Experience translating UIX Story Boards into development stories.
• Experience authoring User Stories using the Gherkin acceptance criteria
• Experience utilizing development planning tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and AHA
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.