Valassis, a Vericast business, is the leader in marketing technology and consumer engagement. We work with over 60,000 companies and brands in a wide array of industries, partnering to anticipate consumer intent, inspire action, and create demand. NCH Marketing Services, Inc. and Clipper Magazine are Valassis subsidiaries.
As a Director your role is to further focus understanding the competitive landscape, identifying areas of growth and driving ROI on product investments. You have a team focused on individual KPIs but you’re responsible for connecting those small-scale numbers to the broader success metrics of the business as a whole. Directors spend a significant amount of time researching the market landscape their product lives in. What’s the latest info on competition? What are new product best practices? How can we improve our product development process, relationship between teams, and executive buy-in. A Director is a key contributor to strategic client meetings, internal executive meetings and is seen within the organization as the go to person for their business area.
• Balance the product investment decisions to maximize the long-term growth potential for the product portfolio, while enabling the offerings to meet and exceed existing commercial plans. 20%
• Work closely with senior engineering and data science peers to plan and execute architectural improvements. 20%
• Create strong working relationships & influence across product management, engineering and other stakeholder groups to successfully execute business strategy across Valassis Digita/Vericastl businesses, partners and customers. 20%
• Demonstrate a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, identifying areas of growth and driving ROI on product investments 20%
• Continually improve product development process 10%
• Manage a team focused on individual KPIs; connect individual work to business metrics. 10%
• Bachelor's Degree (Required)
• 8 - 10 years Relevant experience, including specific experience in digital marketing and experience in agile development (Required)
• Experience building and maintaining a SaaS platform (Preferred)
• Experience with Developer Networks (Preferred)
• Experience having technical conversations with Product Owners and Engineers (Required)
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURES
• Required Certifications/Licensures: (Agile certification)
• Experience with agile product methodologies
• Self-driven and able to take initiative
• Exceptional organizational skills; able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
• Exceptional critical thinking skills
• Experience with digital marketing
WHO WE ARE
Vericast is reimagining marketing solutions one business-to-human connection at a time. By influencing how over 120MM households eat, shop, buy, save and borrow, Vericast fuels commerce, drives economic growth and directly accelerates revenue potential for over 70,000 brands and businesses. While its award-winning portfolio of products, technology, and solutions - including Illumis™, Valassis Consumer Graph™, and Harland Clarke ChecksCXTM - are a piece of the Vericast story, its people are the true differentiators; trailblazers in data intelligence, marketing services, transaction solutions, campaign management and media delivery. For more information, visit http://www.vericast.com or follow Vericast on LinkedIn.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Vericast offers a generous total rewards benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401K matching and time off. A wide variety of additional benefits like life insurance, employee assistance and pet insurance are also available, not to mention smart and friendly coworkers!
At Vericast, we don’t just accept differences - we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our clients, and our community. As an Equal Opportunity employer, Vericast considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classifications protected by law. Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Talent Acquisition team at [email protected] or 616-541-3145.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.