We're looking for talented engineers who are passionate about changing the way people learn languages. As a Cambly engineer, you'll be part of a small and fast-moving engineering team where you'll have a large impact on all parts of the Cambly platform. We've been growing rapidly among language learners around the world, so you'll get to learn what it's like to join a fast growing startup that's creating opportunities for our students and tutors alike.
As an Frontend-focused Software Engineer, you'll be responsible building an amazing classroom experience. The majority of our tutoring time happens in our web-based lesson interface, so you'll be responsible for making sure our students have the ideal classroom for improving their English. You'll also be responsible for building the frontend infrastructure that will enable our growing team to build and ship new features quickly.
- A product-minded approach to engineering. You should be excited about working directly with our students, tutors, and our international team to make sure students have an amazing experience.
- 3+ years experience building and shipping modern frontend software quickly as part of a team.
- 3+ years working with React.js, Redux, HTML, CSS, ES6
- A passion for learning. You fearlessly dive into new and unfamiliar technologies.
- A global perspective. You should be excited about building an app in 10+ languages that integrates with the social networks and payment methods used by our students.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
On a small and nimble team, every engineer should be able to learn new technologies quickly and jump in anywhere in our stack. While this position is specifically for frontend, you should have experience using or be excited about learning all the parts of Cambly including iOS, Android, and Python.