Our Tech department is the driving force behind one of the most successful start-ups in Europe since 2012. Based in Berlin, we have an innovative and driven team that is using cutting-edge technologies to redefine the used car market.
The responsibility of the Data Engineering team is to enable data-driven decision making by providing the necessary data basis that is accurate, complete, consistent, timely, and valid. This is achieved by designing, building, running and maintaining a data warehouse that integrates data from numerous sources across the company. With your help, we will bring this infrastructure to the next level to support future growth of the AUTO1 Group.
What you will tackle
- Build, monitor and maintain our cloud-based data warehouse, including the surrounding infrastructure such as the data lake, both batch and real-time ingestion pipelines
- Clean and structure data from various sources while maintaining data security
- Design and develop deployment automation including tools and quality reporting. Take responsibility for end to end implementation.
- Collaborate in a team of highly motivated professionals. Both gain and share knowledge in in-house workshops and training.
- Understand and manage all efforts for a escalable and efficient data pipeline. Interact with stakeholders from across the company to understand their requirements and build custom-tailored solutions.
What you are good at
- 4+ years experience in data engineering, Big Data experience is a plus
- Hands-on experience building data lakes and data warehouses incrementally and managing datasets from various sources.
- Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring of other engineers towards best practices in the data engineering space.
- Ideally, also experience working with AWS, like DMS, Glue, S3, Redshift, RDS, and real-time analytics. Further technology in our stack includes: Python, Talend, Tableau, Redash, Django, Jenkins, Docker
- Can work as an individual contributor but also loves to work as a good team player.
Why AUTO1 Group
- Join more than 90 different nationalities in a truly international and diverse working environment
- Relocation support to Germany which includes visa assistance, apartment search and help with costs
- Team and company events like Hackathons, International Nights, Company Party, Football and more
- Educational budget for your personal growth
- Your life-work balance and working from home are part of our culture, you can work from home up to 5 days a week
Apply by uploading your CV with a note of salary expectations.
Contact: Meghana Bose
AUTO1 Group is Europe's leading digital automotive platform. As a dynamic tech company, we are revolutionizing the automotive industry with our brands wirkaufendeinauto.de, AUTO1.com and Autohero. Our strong team of 5000 people is dedicated to making Europe-wide car trading and transport as fast and stress-free as possible for our customers. Grow personally and shape the future of car trading with us.
At AUTO1 Group we live an open culture, believe in direct communication, and value diversity. We welcome every applicant; regardless of gender, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual identity, disability, or any other non-merit factor.