Constellation Advisers is a premier investment management consultancy with a boutique firm approach. Drawing from decades of experience in investment management and financial services, our consultants provide expert advice and value-added service to a range of traditional and alternative investment management firms, their investors, and their service providers, including hedge funds, mutual funds, fund of funds, private wealth management firms, private equity and venture capital funds, global asset managers, foundations, fund administrators, prime brokers, and dispute litigators. Please see our website at https://www.constellationadvisers.com/
The Operational Due Diligence Director will be responsible for organizing and assisting in operational due diligence engagements on external fund managers for investments in Hedge or Private funds, Credit Investments and Real Assets which includes Real Estate and Infrastructure. The Operational Due Diligence program adopts a risk-based approach to identify, evaluate, monitor and report on operational risk factors associated with a fund investment. Through this assessment in conjunction with performing benchmarking exercises against peers and industry standards.
This dynamic role, which includes [Domestic] travel, will provide opportunities to plan onsite engagements, engage in operational risk discussions with C-suite personnel and provide exposure and insight into a variety of asset classes, fund strategies and operating models
• A minimum of a Bachelors degree in finance, business administration or other related discipline.
• Minimum of 8-10 years of relevant work experience in the areas of due diligence, accounting, audit, valuations, compliance, investment operations and/or middle office, information technology; preferably at an alternative investment manager, Big Four audit firm or a sell-side institution such as a prime brokerage.
• Knowledgeable in a wide range of asset classes, financial instruments and alternative investment strategies not limited to hedge, private equity and credit, real estate and infrastructure.
• Understanding of industry standards and best practices relating to internal controls and procedures, risk management, operational due diligence and investment regulations.
• Demonstrate solid interpersonal, writing and communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task and exhibit high attention to detail and accuracy.
• Comfortable with assisting senior team members with various levels of work and ad-hoc projects in a timely manner.
• Team player who enjoys high performance culture; adaptable to constantly evolving priorities and is open to new challenges.
• Proficient in MS Office suite. Experience with Vizio and Powerpoint.
• Ability to program or perform data analytics to streamline or automate workflow processes is beneficial.
• Available for travel – expected travel is approximately 15-20%.
• Exemplifies CPP Investments' Guiding Principles of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance.
• Provide a redacted Operational Due Diligence writing sample.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.