Circle Medical is a venture-backed Y-Combinator healthcare startup on a mission to bring quality, delightful primary care to everyone on the planet. Built by top-tier physicians, engineers, and designers, our medical practice and underlying technology have pioneered how people find and receive care.
Our focus on building directly for our patients and providers to address serious care accessibility issues has enabled us to grow over 3X year-over-year. We’re now using our most recent round of funding from WELL Health, backed by Sir Li Ka-shing, to continue building out our hybrid in-clinic and telemedicine model across all fifty states.
As we enter the hypergrowth phase, we are looking for deeply motivated team players who are driven to solve some of the biggest challenges in healthcare so that people can live longer and healthier lives.
More about us can be found on our website.
We are currently looking for a Medical Insurance Verification Specialist to join the Finance team at Circle Medical Technologies. As we continue to grow, we are constantly searching for exceptional talent to be a part of our team. This position will be remote in the U.S. for the right candidate.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Accurately carries out the responsibility for verifying patient insurance coverage and ensures that necessary visits and procedures are covered by an individual’s provider
- Demonstrates proficiency in working with insurance companies (phone, chat, website) and has extensive knowledge of different types of coverage and policies
- Forwards patients who have outstanding balances to a Billing Representative
- Maintains and adheres to the company’s HIPAA and Compliance regulations
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Proficient with Google Workspace, Microsoft Office Suite, or related software
- Demonstrates excellent multitasking skills, with the ability to work on many projects at once. Is very detail-oriented, organized, and maintains accurate patient insurance records
- Uses good judgment in contacting the patient for discovered unforeseen issues (i.e. anticipated procedure not covered, large co-pay or co-insurance, patient’s insurance premium was not paid)
- Utilizes patient charts on an as needed basis, accessing only information related to treatment, payment, and health operations
- High speed internet access required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or College Degree (preferred)
- At least two years prior insurance verification experience in a medical office, hospital facility, or call center (required)
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
WHAT WILL GIVE YOU AN EDGE
- Proven track record with other startups or VC funded companies
- Is proficient in the use of Availity and insurance-specific portals to accurately verify insurance coverage and patient responsibility
In alignment with our values, Circle Medical has transparent salaries based on output levels, and options to trade cash for stock.
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt position with an hourly rate of $20.42 to $24.50 plus generous vacation, and full medical/dental benefits.
Circle Medical is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Circle Medical recruits qualified applicants and advances in the employment of its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.