✨ About us ✨
develops cutting-edge technology that empowers entrepreneurs, small businesses, and merchants to easily create images that sell - leveraging deep learning. Our ambition: power the internet’s commerce images.
Our first consumer product, the PhotoRoom app, is already a leader in mobile photo editing: we serve 7M+ users across more than 180 countries monthly and our app was awarded as the Best App of 2021
by Android and named Editor’s Choice
Our company is profitable, and our lean team is made of world-class experts in deep learning, product, and marketing with backgrounds at Apple, Algolia, Google, or Bumble. We are a diverse team of entrepreneurs building for entrepreneurs.
🤓 PhotoRoom is looking for a talented Machine Learning Infrastructure engineer to help scale its growing AI backend infrastructure. You will work on a backend millions of users are relying on: 100’s of QPS, state of the art models. You’ll be focused on the Machine Leaning workload, working hand in hand with the ML, mobile & web team, your impact will be huge. It is the opportunity to work on a product acclaimed by Apple & Google (Best of 2021, Editor's Choice), solve complex backend challenges, and make a decisive difference to our users.
💰70€-100k€* depending on experience + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺 We are flexible: you can work from anywhere in Europe and come once a month in Paris (fully reimbursed), or come to the office more often.
✈️ We offer substantial support for relocation (10k€ signing bonus), including finding an apartment in Paris and supporting you with the visa procedure.
💻 Technology - new MacBook Pro, monitor, keyboard, etc.
🏖️ Socials - Quarterly company retreats, weekly Happy Hour & Game Time
🇬🇧 PhotoRoom is an international team and we work in English. We offer language lessons for those who need them (English & French).
*We can go higher for outstanding profiles and adapt to the cost of living if it is higher than in Paris.
✨ About the role ✨
- You’ll be the owner of the ML Inference Backend at PhotoRoom, processing millions of requests on GPU every day.
- You’ll be responsible for the infrastructure deploying and running containers provided by the ML team
- You will architect cloud-agnostic solutions to better serve current and future needs, in a fast moving and diverse field. Requests can take ms to seconds, payloads be in the 10s of MB
- You will own your work from A to Z: it goes from working on the architecture & coding features to monitoring releases' performance (we use Datadog for monitoring)
- You will get fast feedback from our users and other members of the machine learning team. You will iterate quickly. You will follow the usage of the product and make decisions based on that
- You will work within a small multicultural team composed of ~40 passionate, friendly & committed folks
- [Optional] You’ll be on call to monitor system performance
✨ You might thrive in this role if ✨
- You have experience with load balancing, autoscaling and queuing systems at scale
- You have experience building a reliable and redundant backend
- No experience with Machine Learning needed (although it’s a bonus)
- You have experience building backends to run long-running tasks (in the seconds)
- You have designed infrastructure to deploy containers receiving a high number of QPS while maintaining a great developer experience
- You are always the most pragmatic person in the room. You favor speed of iteration over perfect, always leverage frameworks and libraries to avoid reinventing the wheel.
- You have a strong sense of ownership. You take initiative and you are at ease to make product & technical decisions.
- You have worked as part of a talented team and have experience in a fast-growing startup.
- You’re curious, are comfortable with explaining or learning depending on the situation. The team has deep expertise and values knowledge sharing and humility.
- You are fluent in English (French is not required!)
✨ Hiring Process ✨
- Screening call
- Home technical assignment, followed by a review with the team (can be compensated and does not take more than 3 hours)
- Culture fit interview and meet the team!
- Reference check & offer
- Support - If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.
🌈 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to enabling everyone to feel included and valued at the workplace. We believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have flexible working hours
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of the parental leave
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, family, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.