Univers.e opens up the possibilities of the internet to everyone. A magical grid that distills the web into simple Lego-like building blocks. With our app, anyone on earth can build a custom website or online store in seconds — without code, all from a phone.
We’re looking for an experienced Performance Marketing Lead to join our team and help us architect and grow our multi-channel acquisition + attribution practice. This role is a great fit for anyone who is:
+ Energized by understanding users and what drives them to take action
+ Able to think through challenges + opportunities from both an analytical and creative perspective
+ Excited to help Creative Micro-Brands have the same super powers as big businesses
+ Experienced in crafting strategy by taking in various inputs, defining success, generating alignment, and turning that strategy into execution
As the first performance marketing lead on the team, you’ll build the foundation for how Universe approaches growth thru acquisition campaigns across the channels you recommend and campaigns you manage.
This role will report to the Head of Marketing + Brand, work closely across the entire Brand + Marketing org, and partner with Finance, Data, Ops, Growth, Product, Engineering, Design + Support functions for mutual success.
- Lead strategic development and thoughtful execution of integrated marketing plans that drive customer awareness, acquisition, and retention
- Develop a model and strategic playbook to drive predictable ROAS across multi-channel campaigns
- Propose + Manage budget
- Run, measure + iterate upon experiments to drive profitable growth
- Connect paid media strategy to our portfolio of owned + earned outreach channels, including social media, content marketing, email marketing, lifecycle + growth marketing, product marketing, and brand original content
- Forecast, measure, analyze, and communicate the impact of marketing activities on user and revenue growth
- No need to have everything on this list, but we are looking for someone who has at least some of the following attributes:
- 4+ years of marketing experience, preferably in consumer technology, agency, and/or media planning + buying practices
- Results-oriented track record of developing campaign strategy, and executing integrated marketing plans that met or exceeded goals
- Strong data analysis skills with ability to develop + deploy experiments and tests to drive insights and refinement of strategy
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Nice to have: Certification from various ad platforms (ex: Google Ads Certification, Meta Certification), Experience in digital and traditional media, Experience/Capability with tools like AppsFlyer, Amplitude, Google Analytics; Experience in Consumer SaaS with Mobile subscription revenue models; Experience with website building/eCommerce tools + platforms
MORE ABOUT US:
Our mission is to empower everyone to build the internet. Universe is a magical new way to build websites — it's the first website builder designed for phones. Our app makes it easy for anyone to make a great looking website and start selling online in minutes from your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. And we make it as fun as playing with Legos! Give it a try: http://apple.co/Universe
We are a remote-first, 50+ person company with teammates spread out across the US and the world. We went through Y Combinator in 2018 and have raised $47M in funding to date from knowledgeable investors including Addition, Google Ventures, General Catalyst, Box Group, and Javelin Venture Partners.
MORE ABOUT OUR CULTURE:
We value individual agency and ownership — which guides our product design and our company's culture. While other companies offer lots of perks, we prioritize your freedom: work from anywhere, in the way you're at your best. We believe that an individual's capacity for growth is far larger than most understand, and we've designed an environment to support rapid, continuous learning. Ideas here come from everyone, initiative is respected, and quality matters. We are here to build something special and enduring.