BuildZoom is the only trusted marketplace for high-value renovations and residential construction, a $250B market in desperate need of disruption. We’ve hit an inflection point and are scaling quickly; in 2021 we managed nearly $400M in projects and are doubling each year with a clear path to become the category-defining platform for residential construction.
We are looking for a mid/senior level analyst to help drive our analytics efforts, as part of our Data & Analytics team. You’ll use your data savvy, tech skills, and acute attention to detail to have a huge impact across Engineering, Product, Business Intelligence, and Solutions Engineering for our array of Fortune 500 data clients. We wear many hats, and you’ll have a hand in designing & engineering features for our growing data warehouse and providing analytics and advice directly to our C-suite stakeholders and external partners.
Our team is ego-free, always learning, and can’t wait to welcome someone to the team who thinks like a customer, has a passion for the details, and communicates exceptionally well verbally and visually.
A day on the Data Team may look like this:
- Design and write new SQL data transformations in our Data Warehouse using dbt to enhance BI and Product Analytics and enable new product features.
- Answer a question from our CEO about a user-driven KPI over the past 6 months.
- Code a quick POC of an improved metric in our BI tool.
- Dig into a data request from a Fortune 500 data partner to identify the volume of Solar Installation projects across several major cities.
- Iterate with their data science departments throughout a data trial.
- Produce new Product Analytics in a Jupyter Notebook for an experimental project by our Growth team.
Our Technology Stack
- Databases: Billions of rows across a complex data model
- Snowflake, MySQL, Redshift, Postgres
- File Systems: AWS S3, Linux Shell
- ELT: dbt, Airflow, Amazon
- DMSBI: Sisense for Cloud Data Teams
What You Bring to the Team
- 3-5 years’ dedicated experience in a BI or Analytics role in a growing company with demonstrated success planning and executing multi-step projects.
- Meaningful experience with Data Modeling, ELT, and/or dbt.Strong SQL.
- 3+ years experience calculating metrics with group bys, case statements, and scripting (either CTEs, temp tables, or procedural SQL).
- Must have excellent communication skills in English
- Open to customer-facing aspects.
- You love customers and have a history of understanding their needs and providing solutions.
- You think of your teammates as customers too.
- Experience with applied statistics a plus
- Familiarity with Jupyter Notebooks / Google Colab / Pandas / Git / Geo-location tools & APIs a plus