The U.S. health sector is complex and dynamic - a vast and diverse network of entities that impacts the population and economy like no other industry. At USD$3.3 Trillion, healthcare spending represents nearly 18% of U.S. GDP. It is complex and inefficient. Health service buying, selling, and settlements have seen little change in the past decade despite clear changes in available information, technology, regulation, and market consolidation.
Enter MacroHealth. MacroHealth is a mission-driven company. We are building the most advanced and trusted market platform for health service payers and providers. The company’s vision is to create Intelligent Health Markets by building technology, knowledge and relationships that enable payers and providers to optimize the buying and selling of health services.
We are expanding our team of passionate thought leaders as we pursue our goal of disrupting the U.S. health sector with our vision and technology. We are committed to developing leading edge solutions in a supportive environment focused on customer success and employee fulfillment. We provide our engineers an environment in which they can contribute from day one while also providing opportunities for learning and growth.
Are you interested in being part of a growing team tasked to build the next-generation industry-leading platform for healthcare markets? We are looking for smart, passionate, and highly skilled Senior Frontend Software Engineers to join the effort to define and build the future of MacroHealth. You will be joining our Data team to help build various kinds of data and analytics application on top of the MacroHealth’s platform. The work you’ll do directly impacts the experience of our customers.
You will be instrumental in adding functionality to our MacroHealth data and analytics applications’ front-end using the latest React features. You will be working closely with the design team and your fellow engineers. You will translate UX requirements into actual UI implementation and define the interfaces that connect that UI to the backend. You will also contribute to the UI components and building blocks that is part of the MachroHealth UI Framework and help to guide your fellow teammates in Data team on how to use these UI components in order to implement the features they are working on.
This position provides the unique opportunity to develop a modern UI to allow users to get value from the data in an interactive and seamless way. You will get the opportunity to lead discussions and decisions regarding the front end of the data and analytics applications. You continue to develop your technical communication skills by documenting and sharing the building blocks that you have created.
This position requires you to be a self-starter, innovative and with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, and handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing to develop a positive work culture. You will join a world-renowned leadership team with a track record of leading the development of multiple successful companies and products.
· Experience consuming REST APIs and understanding of web technologies
· 3+ years of experience building front end applications, UI components or UI frameworks
· Expert level skills building responsive web applications with modern UI frameworks
· Extensive knowledge of react/redux or equivalent technologies
· Ability to keep product quality top of mind by creating automated tests for the software that you help create
· Experience in teaching developers how to use UI building block to implement application features
· Familiarity with tooling for development, release and packaging of UI applications.
· Ability to learn new technologies quickly and disseminate information
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Comfort working within an Agile methodology
· Ability to work with others to clarify and implement abstract requirements
· Thriving in a people-first culture of teamwork and respect
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
Your background may additionally include:
· Familiarity with third party libraries such as react-final-form, projectstorm react-diagrams, storybook, cypress or similar technologies.
· Familiarity with Scala or Functional Scala would be a great bonus
· API Design knowledge to assist with the definition of UI focused APIs
· Experience in UX and Design
· Experience working with Azure development tools
· Knowledge of the US Healthcare space including standards such as HIPAA
What you can expect
The success and engagement of our team members is the top priority for MacroHealth as a company. We provide a compelling package with competitive compensation and benefits as well as attractive incentive structures. Our collaborative work environment means each team member can rely on the skills, expertise, and support of one another across the company. We are open to new perspectives for improving our operations and fueling future growth and are committed to attracting and developing a diverse and engaged team.
This role requires legal authorization to work in Canada.
MacroHealth is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.