Uncommon Schools, Inc. (USI) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages high-performing urban college preparatory charter schools. To accomplish this, USI builds tight networks of philosophically aligned schools in close geographic proximity to one another so that principals and teachers can collaborate, benefit from common services, and focus on the urgent tasks of closing the racial academic achievement gap and preparing low-income students to succeed at the highest levels in college and beyond. USI schools all have:
· A College Preparatory Mission
· High Standards for Academics and Character
· A Longer School Year and Longer School Day
· A Focus on Accountability and Data-Driven Instruction
· A Highly Structured Learning Environment
· A Faculty of Committed Teachers and Talented Leaders
With the founders and former leaders of nationally recognized charter schools such as North Star Academy (Newark, NJ), Boston Collegiate Charter School (Boston, MA), and Roxbury Preparatory Charter School (Boston, MA), USI will launch 20 small charter schools over the next five years. We are:
· Uncommon Schools – New York City
· Uncommon Schools – Newark
· Uncommon Schools – Camden
· Uncommon Schools – Troy
· Uncommon Schools – Rochester
· Uncommon Schools – Boston
1) Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
· Strong understanding of finance principles.
· Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
· An obsessive attention to detail and follow-through.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
· Ability to work well in a team.
· Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, internet research, etc.).
2) Educational background:
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.