Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) is the world leader in online travel and related services, provided to customers and partners in over 220 countries and territories through six primary consumer-facing brands - Booking.com, KAYAK, Priceline, Agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable. The mission of Booking Holdings is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world. During 2019, the Company had consolidated revenues and net income of $15.1 billion and $4.9 billion, respectively, and a current market value of approximately $90 billion.
Booking Holdings Bangalore is a Center of Excellence based in Bangalore, India and a legal entity of Booking Holdings Inc. The Center was created to support the increasing business demands of the Booking Holdings Brands. The Center of Excellence provides access to specialized and highly skilled talent, leading industry best practices, and collaboration opportunities across all of the Booking Holdings brands and business units.
As a Project Manager - PMO Fintech - Financial Systems, you will be responsible for supporting Fintech - Financial Systems leadership in their efforts at overseeing, managing and leveraging the entire life cycle of investments and initiatives to optimally achieve enterprise goals and objectives.
You will be part of the PMO team. You will support the creation of processes, best practices and standards at enterprise portfolio, program and project level, helping to connect business with product delivery teams, and ensuring effective management of product roadmaps, programs and projects into a unified enterprise portfolio plan.
You are expected to provide standardized quality-assured information that enable data-driven decisions to effectively manage the portfolio, realize the intended value and drive organizational efficiencies.
Using your experience, you and your team will support the Financial Systems team in the understanding and running of existing and new programs and projects; in prioritizing the portfolio; in reporting on status at individual and portfolio level and supporting project managers when required.
You will ensure reporting and insights will be done in a standardized way. You keep the overview and inform the Financial Systems organization about the latest status using the right tools and templates and adequate project portfolio management techniques.
The position requires a hands-on professional with good analytics skills and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented product development environment.
Portfolio Roadmap Management
- Support the Financial Systems team on managing the demand and strategic alignment of product roadmaps, projects and programs
- Engage with and conduct regular reviews with senior business, product teams, executives, stakeholder committees, portfolio board, and other relevant bodies to validate and assess the project portfolio, execute change, and reprioritize to meet business needs.
- Ensure proper oversight and coordination of dependencies across the product roadmap, projects and programs in the portfolio
- Maintain a consolidated roadmap of products and projects and managing and reporting resourcing, budget and new demand request in close coordination with business stakeholders, project managers, product leads and engineering managers
- Support the orchestration and reporting of the end-to-end planning lifecycle and budgeting processes, enabling leadership to prioritize initiatives, product roadmaps, programs, budget, and resources.
Stakeholder Relationships Management
- Facilitate regular meetings with the senior executive bodies to inform and alert them of any risks and issues arising from the performance of the individual projects or products within the portfolio.
- Write communications and produce pragmatic and effective reporting to key stakeholders and senior executives around the Financial Systems product and program portfolio.
Governance of the project lifecycle and product roadmaps
- Consolidate and maintain a product roadmap and program lifecycle governance in accordance with enterprise guidelines, policies and practices.
- Work with product and project teams to manage/ oversee the full range of initiatives, product roadmaps and project life cycle (initiate, plan, execute, close) covering the portfolio and ensuring focus on the business needs.
- Create and maintain the required product and project portfolio documentation and artefacts.
- Facilitate regular health checks of product and project lifecycle checklists.
- Facilitate and ensure proper change management of scope, budget, and schedule at portfolio, product roadmaps and program level.
- Create and oversee and maintain portfolio reporting providing consolidated views on status, progress, budget, resource allocation, risks and dependencies.
- Ability to break problems into parts to see relationships or interdependencies, forecast challenges and apply critical thinking to resolve timeously
- Analyze portfolio data/ metrics to develop and maintain existing reports/ dashboards
- Analyze and interpret the data in order to know how and when to take action.
Experienced professional with 5 years in similar positions within technology fast moving companies.
- Bachelor degree (in IT or Business Economics), preferably in a technical study.
- Proven working experience in a global multinational company within an international project- or program management environment - working both with Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a complex organisation where the ability to discover and internalise diverse stakeholder goals is critical to brokering solutions that are in the best interest of Booking.com as a whole.
- Experience with online/ ecommerce, payment processing, and/or financial systems would be beneficial.
- Ability to drive collaboration across teams
- Goal oriented problem solver with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills, with excellent attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Agile experience is a must
- PMP, PRINCE2, SAFe 5 agile framework or equivalent certification preferred.
Booking Holdings is the world leader in online travel & related services. Our teams work around the clock to build and improve the technology that empowers people to more freely travel across borders, time zones, languages and cultures. At Booking Holdings, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world every day through seamless technology powered by our six major brands:
Through the Booking Holdings brands, we help our c