Oxfam is a global organization working to end the injustice of poverty. We help people build better futures for themselves, hold the powerful accountable, and save lives in disasters.
The Senior Advocacy Advisor will increase the impact Oxfam America’s campaigns and advocacy work through the effective management and leadership of Oxfam’s Sisters on the Planet Ambassador Program. The Senior Advocacy Advisor will update and modernize the Sisters on the Planet program to more effectively contribute to Oxfam’s strategic plan, evolving organizing and influencing strategy, and gender justice priorities. The Senior Advocacy Advisor will also serve as a member of Campaigns team, helping plan, coordinate and implement OUS' influential constituency building efforts.
Management of Sisters on the Planet – a network off 200+ influential women leaders from across the U.S. dedicated to use their voice to support Oxfam’s campaigns and advocacy work, with a focus on gender justice:
• Will stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field.
• Will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based culture of work, will perform all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect, and will be familiar with and committed to Oxfam America mission and goals.
• Will have an understanding of gender justice and diversity within key areas of responsibility and a commitment to promoting gender justice and diversity in our workplace and programs.
• Within key areas of responsibility, will have a commitment to providing a safe environment for staff, partners, and beneficiaries, and a commitment to promoting safeguarding in our workplace, programs, and the communities we serve.
• Project a positive customer-service attitude in all aspects of duties, both internal and external.
• Bachelors degree in relevant field or equivalent required.
Experience and Core Competencies
• 6-8 years of relevant experience in advocacy, campaigning, organizing, and relationship management.
Demonstrated commitment to and/or experience in advocacy to address gender, racial and economic inequalities in the U.S. and globally.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex multi-functional projects.
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
• Ability to represent Oxfam and public speaking experience.
• Experience in using new technologies for education or organizing purposes.
• Ability to work with Microsoft Office Systems.
• Knowledge of the field of international development and human rights.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish or French.
Oxfam America is a Gender Just organization and an equal opportunity employer. We have a zero tolerance policy for any sexual harassment, exploitation, and/or abuse. We welcome all persons to apply and do not discriminate. We take measures to prevent discrimination against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We are an E-Verify employer.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.