This is a time of celebration and transformation at Oxfam America (OUS). OUS’ 50-year anniversary was in 2020, and we recently completed a new 2030 Strategic Framework with a mission to fight inequality to end poverty and injustice.
OUS will accomplish this mission by meeting immediate humanitarian needs and addressing root causes of poverty, collaborating, and innovating on a global scale—and with a commitment to measurably and radically shifting resources and power to people experiencing marginalization. OUS pledges to revolutionize the way that it works, by being more open, humble, and collaborative.
OUS’ 2020-2030 Strategic Framework highlights four focus areas to fulfill our mission to fight inequality to end poverty and injustice. Each highlight what we stand for, the problems we address, and the solutions we offer. We focus on: Economic Justice & Equal Rights; Humanitarian Response; Women's Rights and Gender Justice; and Climate Action. We will tackle imbalances in power and put marginalized people—especially women—at the center of our work.
We will leverage the power of the US for positive impact in the world and work to curtail its harm. We will fight inequality in the US. We recognize that inequality and humanitarian crises cross borders and make connections between our domestic and global efforts.
We recognize the outsized influence of the US’s role in the world as well as the deep and entrenched issues of domestic inequality and poverty. Being rooted and active in the US and engaged and connected globally helps us embrace inequality and poverty as global phenomena, not something that happens to others elsewhere. OUS supports and contributes to global impact, which Oxfam is a global organization working to end the injustice of poverty. We help people build better futures for themselves, hold the powerful accountable, and save lives in disasters.
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst is a key member of the finance team, providing foundational business partnering for cost center business planning and analysis. They create and maintain business intelligence reports and data models from ERP systems that enable FP&A and OUS Business Managers to analyze financial results to support Oxfam America’s strategic initiatives and overall performance. The ideal candidate thrives in delivering solutions to complex problems and has an affinity for data and developing applications in support of driving business decisions. They are a strong team player and are comfortable working in an international, fast paced, and dynamic environment where the tasks may get reprioritized constantly.
Business Systems Analysis (60%)
· Be the go-to person for the FP&A department in systems and automation
· Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities
· Interact with partners to comprehend day-to-day operations and pain points, detail, and report business requirements to management, and improve efficiency of business applications
· Drive medium to large scale projects for the creation and maintenance of business intelligence reports and services to address emerging needs
· Analyze data and communicate insights and metrics needed to support top business goals with key partners
· Update all relevant business system documents and create training documents
· Deliver training and knowledge transfer on business applications for Unit4 Planner, Reports, and Prevero to finance and the user community
· Develop a data governance program for collection, identification storage and usage of data in coordination with Finance, TIM, and HR
· Work with key organizational stakeholders to develop all aspects of project plans (scope, definition, testing, delivery, and support) and coordinate business and technical implementation resources for successful delivery
Business Planning and Reporting (40%)
· Work with FP&A to develop and maintain new analytical tools, financial models, and business processes
· Partner closely with Directors and business managers, training and coaching them to track and report variances to KPIs, and problem solve actions to address issues and causes
· Coach managers to ensure that annual and rolling budgets and plans are complete, accurate, and conform with OUS policies, procedures, and donor restrictions, including donor-approved budgets
· Conduct product management research to define and deliver next generation analytics and insights
· Develop and produce the monthly management reporting package for executive management, including monthly dashboards and follow-up analysis
· Provide a positive redundancy for timely and accurate annual and periodic CONSOL-compliant reports to support decision-making by OI and OUS management, as requested
High-level Customer Service
· Demonstrate customer service leadership in representing FP&A products and services to managers and colleagues, responding to requests promptly, anticipating others’ needs, and collecting feedback for meaningful continuous improvement
EXPECTATIONS FOR THE POSITION:
· Will be a key touch point for the business and will need to have a broad understanding of key strategic and operational issues facing the various functional areas including our regional program offices overseas. S/he will need to be able to interact will all levels of the organization and have outstanding analytical and communication skills
· Will stay abreast of professional standards, trends and issues affecting this set of responsibilities, demonstrating continuous learning of the field
· Will work effectively and collaboratively in support of building a team-based, problem-solving work culture. Will perform all duties appropriately for a multi-cultural environment, treating all persons with dignity and respect, and will be familiar with and committed to Oxfam America mission and goals
· Will have an understanding of gender justice and diversity within key areas of responsibility and a commitment to promoting gender justice and diversity in our workplace and programs
· Within key areas of responsibility, will have a commitment to providing a safe environment for staff, partners, and beneficiaries, and a commitment to promoting safeguarding in our workplace, programs, and the communities we serve
· Periodic travel to OUS (domestic) offices may be required (less than 10% of the time)
· Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in data science, mathematics, economics, finance, or similar quantitative field
Experience and Core Competencies:
· Five or more years of experience in relational databases and SQL
· More than three years of experience in financial planning, analysis, and reporting
· Advanced Excel macros/VBA skills
· Proven creative and innovative solutions using macros required
· Proficiency in SQL
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with business executives, as well as the technical communities
· Ability to package professional and visually appealing executive reporting package; advanced PowerPoint
· Data modeling experience
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to see both the big picture and to dive into the details as needed
· Knowledge and direct experience using business intelligence tools (Power BI, Tableau, Salesforce, or ERP dashboards)
· Focus Oxfam Competencies: Agility-Complexity-and-Ambiguity, Systems Thinking, and Humility
· Proficiency in Python for data analysis
· Experience working in either a non-profit and/or an international organization is desired
· Experience with Unit4 Business Systems, Salesforce, and Oracle
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Oxfam America is a Gender Just organization and an equal opportunity employer. We have a zero tolerance policy for any sexual harassment, exploitation, and/or abuse. We welcome all persons to apply and do not discriminate. We take measures to prevent discrimination against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran's status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
We are an E-Verify employer.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.