Every Exelixis employee is united in an ambitious cause: to launch innovative medicines that give patients and their families hope for the future. In this pursuit, we know our employees are our most valuable asset. After operating in the challenging biotech sector for 25 years, we have a proven track record of resiliency in the face of adversity. The success of our lead product has provided a solid commercial foundation allowing us to reinvigorate our research efforts, and grow our team in areas such as Drug Discovery, Clinical Development and Commercial.
As we expand our global partnerships and further reinvest in R&D to help us discover the next breakthrough for difficult-to-treat cancers, we’re seeking to add talented, dedicated employees to power our mission.
Cancer is our cause. Make it yours, too.
Exelixis is a small biotechnology company that is looking for an entrepreneur that can autonomously manage a larger geography and would like to grow with the organization. Specifically, we are looking for an oncology sales professional supporting our NYC/Long Island territory. This will require a successful, self-motivated candidate with a proven track record to access and influence oncologists. An Exelixis Oncology Account Manager will also need to help our company further refine the ways in which we compliantly interact with healthcare professionals while being a part of a team that embraces an atmosphere of healthy competition. Exelixis is located in Alameda, CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for dissemination of clinical information about Exelixis’ products and services for patients to healthcare professionals including medical oncologists, oncology nurses, office managers, reimbursement manager, and pharmacists. The selling approach requires strong account based selling skills and clinical acumen
• Achieve sales growth in the territory, which results in exceeding sales expectations
• Effective territory management as it relates to targeting, frequency and messaging
• Must be able to establish and maintain relationships, trust and credibility with oncologists and total office personnel
• Must be viewed by oncology community as a resource and assist with product availability in hospitals and cancer clinics
• Must be willing to provide promotional conference attendance to institutions and office practices
• Must be able to compliantly educate physicians on the appropriate use of approved inhibitor
• Establish Exelixis’ positive reputation in key academic institutions and leading cancer centers
• Achieve all above objectives while operating inside of current compliance guidelines
• Master’s degree in related discipline and 5 years of related experience; or
• BS/BA degree in related discipline and at least 8 years of related experience; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience
• Minimum of three years of oncology sales experience
• Launch experience preferred
• Representative – Relationship Management, Customer Focus, Team Work, Communication, Influence & Persuasion
• Ability to persuade by presenting complex clinical information
• Strong business planning a requirement
• Ability to work independently
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.