Blue River Partners LLC is a preeminent service provider to the alternative asset industry. Blue River works with managers in multiple capacities ranging from hedge fund, private equity fund, and mutual fund launches; private equity fund administration; advisory firm set-up, regulatory registration and infrastructure design; ongoing regulatory compliance (SEC, CFTC, and 40 Act); financial controls and operational support services; compliance and operational related projects and reviews; and outsourced CFO/controller and administration services to private equity fund investments – portfolio companies, real estate assets and energy assets. Our client base is growing and our existing clients are engaging the firm across the spectrum of our services offerings.
You will be working directly with leading hedge fund and private equity firms in the alternative asset industry under the guidance and direction from the Tax Director. You will be providing the following for clients in the alternative asset industry:
· Prepare and file federal, state, and local partnership tax returns, extensions, and quarterly estimates.
· Prepare and review of foreign filings (5471, 8865, 8858, 8621, & 926).
· Preparation of 8832s as needed to elect tax classification for various entities.
· Prepare and manage 1099 and 1042 reporting.
· Prepare and manage FBAR filings.
· Prepare and manage FATCA compliance (8966).
· Prepare and manage tax certification forms (W-8s and W-9) for domestic and foreign entities.
· Prepare tax basis calculations for partnership interests and PFICs.
· Develop relationship with client management and communicate engagement status and issues effectively and timely.
· Considerable knowledge of a variety of state and local tax laws, including multi-state income tax planning and compliance.
· Perform tax research as needed to support tax positions to be taken on the tax returns.
· Perform quarterly REIT testing.
· Correspond with federal, state and local taxing jurisdiction to resolve notices
· A minimum of 1 - 3 years of progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of experience at an alternative asset investment firm and public accounting experience
· Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA, Masters in Taxation
· Demonstrated experience in providing exceptional customer service
· Analytical, technical, and technology skills with proficiency in basic office software
· Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work overtime to meet deadlines
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
We currently have positions open in our operations group where we function as the outsourced CFO, controller and accounting and administration team for our clients. We have positions open at the associate level. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a firm that experienced significant growth in the last year and was named to the DFW Top 100 fastest growing private companies in 2014 and 2015 and ranked in the top 150 of companies to work for in the DFW area 2016 by the Dallas Morning News.
Click on apply will take you to the actual job site or will open email app.