Welcome is a Webby-award winning virtual event platform that enables a single person to produce a jaw-dropping experience that feels like an interactive TV show. Welcome is on a mission to provide access to create equitable experiences that connect, transport and engage people like never before. We’re a well-funded, Silicon Valley startup backed by top VCs. Our founders, investors and advisors are from Google, Facebook, Yahoo, InstaCart, Dropbox, Slack and more.
This is an incredible opportunity for a new graduate or junior level engineer to have mentorship and coaching from a group of passionate and talented senior team members. We are growing insanely fast and looking for a strong full-stack software engineer to join our world-class team, match the tsunami of demand we are already experiencing, and help us grow even faster.
You want your code to have significant and measurable positive impact. You love bringing people together. Your happiness comes from the joy of others, and you look forward to building stand-out moments of delight into the Welcome experience. You are a keen problem solver and team player. You take pride in the craftsmanship of your work, and appreciate when it is rewarded; our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not okay with broken features. The Junior Software Engineer opportunity at Welcome encompasses architecture, design, implementation, and testing to ensure we build and release products in a way that upholds the luxury quality of our brand.
A day in the life of a Junior Fullstack Software Engineer at Welcome includes:
- Being a part of an inclusive, collaborative team that embraces healthy discussions and supports each other in their goals.
- Designing, implementing, testing, and delivering robust and delightful products, continuing to keep the Welcome experience best-in-class.
- Learning our development process, culture, and code base, providing input, and then improving it. Continually leave each of these in a better state than when you found it.
What we're looking for in our great Junior Fullstack Software Engineer at Welcome:
- Solid understanding of SQL databases and relational database schema design.
- Genuine curiosity of wanting to understand and learn how things work. Hackers and tinkerers are encouraged!
- Entrepreneurial spirit; you are a self-starter who sees each new project as an exciting challenge!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus points if you have:
- At least one internship in a professional software development environment, working with other engineers, product managers, designers, and QAs
- Experience building or working knowledge of WebRTC or other audio/video technologies
- Experience building or working knowledge of highly concurrent and scalable web applications, understanding of performance from the browser/DOM to the database
Our Investments in You:
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- Wellness/fitness & internet reimbursements
- Top of the line 16-inch Macbook Pro
- $1,000 home office and video conferencing budget (not including laptop) to create an accessible, productive, and comfortable work environment
- Opportunity to work with tech’s best talent; An incredible team with a great blend of hustle, productivity and a ton of fun!
- Opportunities to attend the most high-end virtual events in the world
You've made it this far! If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. Let us know why you would be a great addition to Welcome in a personal statement/cover letter.
We are composed of a diverse group of entrepreneurs, dreamers and builders who believe that exceptional, high-quality experiences can seamlessly bring people together, invite collaboration, and provide a meaningful sense of belonging. If you align to these principles and have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
Welcome embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Welcome supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.