Welcome is a Webby-award winning virtual event platform that enables a single person to produce a jaw-dropping experience that feels like an interactive TV show. Welcome is on a mission to provide access to create equitable experiences that connect, transport and engage people like never before. We’re a well-funded, Silicon Valley startup backed by top VCs. Our founders, investors and advisors are from Google, Facebook, Yahoo, InstaCart, Dropbox, Slack and more.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to have a massive impact on Welcome’s business. We are growing insanely fast and looking for a strong engineering manager to join our world-class team, match the tsunami of demand we are already experiencing, and help us grow even faster.
You want your work to have significant and measurable positive impact. You love bringing people together. Your happiness comes from the joy of others, and you look forward to building stand-out moments of delight into the Welcome experience. You are a keen problem solver and team player. The engineering manager role at Welcome is a key leadership that will foster culture and best practices across our company.
What you will be doing here as an Engineering Manager at Welcome:
- Remotely manage a diverse group of 3-6 engineers ranging from junior to senior. Support their growth and development through continuous coaching and feedback.
- Contribute as a strong senior IC technically (this role is 75% technical / 25% management)
- Work closely with partners across the company, including product management, design, marketing, and solutions, to bring new features and services to market.
- Own execution and delivery on your engineering team, and help the team balance new feature work with technical debt and platform investment.
- Contribute to a fast-growing engineering organization and help us scale up processes and best practices across the entire company.
The next great Engineering Manager at Welcome possesses:
- A track record of leading and coaching diverse teams of engineers (at least 3+ years managing a team of 5+, including remote engineers).
- A solid engineering background that has kept pace with new technologies, even if it’s been a few years since you coded full time (at least 5+ years of total experience in technical roles).
- Experience running team cadences in a fast-moving, Agile environment, and working cross-functionally with product management to set roadmap and direction.
- A genuine commitment to building diverse teams, and promoting equity and inclusion on your team and throughout the organization.
Our Investments in You:
- Competitive salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision health insurance
- Wellness/fitness & internet reimbursements
- Top of the line 16-inch Macbook Pro
- $1,000 home office and video conferencing budget (not including laptop) to create an accessible, productive, and comfortable work environment
- Opportunity to work with tech’s best talent; An incredible team with a great blend of hustle, productivity and a ton of fun!
- Opportunities to attend the most high-end virtual events in the world!
You've made it this far! If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. Let us know why you would be a great addition to Welcome in a personal statement/cover letter.
We are composed of a diverse group of entrepreneurs, dreamers and builders who believe that exceptional, high-quality experiences can seamlessly bring people together, invite collaboration, and provide a meaningful sense of belonging. If you align to these principles and have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you.
Welcome embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Welcome supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.