✨ About us ✨
develops cutting-edge technology that empowers entrepreneurs, small businesses, and merchants to easily create images that sell - leveraging deep learning. Our ambition: power the internet’s commerce images.
Our first consumer product, the PhotoRoom app, is already a leader in mobile photo editing: we serve 7M+ users across more than 180 countries monthly and our app was awarded as the Best App of 2021
by Android and named Editor’s Choice
Our company is profitable, and our lean team is made of world-class experts in deep learning, product, and marketing with backgrounds at Apple, Algolia, Google, or Bumble. We are a diverse team of entrepreneurs building for entrepreneurs.
PhotoRoom is looking for a talented ML Engineer. You will work on several ML solutions, starting from the requirements, literature, all the way to a product. You will own most of this process, be trusted and have your say on data acquisition, optional labeling, overall strategy and follow ups. Your work will serve millions of users, be useful and be remarked.
💰70€-110k€* depending on experience + Stock-Options/BSPCE
🇪🇺 We are flexible: you can work from anywhere in Europe and come once a month in Paris (fully reimbursed), or come to the office more often.
✈️ We offer substantial support for relocation (10k€ signing bonus), including finding an apartment in Paris and supporting you with the visa procedure.
💻 Technology - new MacBook Pro, monitor, keyboard, etc.
🏖️ Socials - Quarterly company retreats, weekly Happy Hour & Game Time
🇬🇧 PhotoRoom is an international team and we work in English. We offer language lessons for those who need them (English & French). **
✨ About the role ✨
- You'll be the sixth engineer in the ML team, working alongside great talent from various backgrounds.
- You will have full ownership of your ML work streams when applicable, or work with team mates on big topics. You have expertise, ownership, you have a say in how that goes.
- You will master the whole pipeline, from training models to putting them into production and monitoring their performance.
- You will work on new features, new applications, some 0→1 solutions.
- You will get fast feedback from our users and will iterate quickly. You will follow the usage of the product and make decisions based on that.
- You will work within a small multicultural team composed of ~30 passionate, friendly & committed folks.
✨ About you ✨
- You have 3+ years of experience with PyTorch, Tensorflow or Jax, and are willing to start or keep working with PyTorch.
- You have experience working with or improving on state of the art image models.
- You have experience training and deploying models in production.
- Bonus points if you have experience with neural rendering, ML for videos or on device ML.
- Bonus points if you have experience with diffusion models.
- Bonus points if you have experience with fast inference frameworks for deep learning.
- You are always the most pragmatic person in the room. You favour speed of iteration over perfect, always leverage frameworks and libraries to avoid reinventing the wheel.
- You have experience working on products requiring complex architectures.
- You have a strong sense of ownership. You take initiative and you are at ease to make product & technical decisions.
- You have worked as part of a talented team and have experience in a fast-growing startup.
- You’re curious, are comfortable with explaining or learning depending on the situation. The team has deep expertise and values knowledge sharing and humility.
- You are fluent in English (French is not required!).
✨ Hiring Process ✨
- Screening call
- Home technical assignment, followed by a review with the team (can be compensated and does not take more than 3 hours)
- Culture fit interview and meet the team!
- Reference check & Offer
- Support - If you have a medical condition or an individual need for an adjustment to our process, and you believe this may affect your ability to be at your best - please let us know so we can talk about how we can best support you and make any adjustments that may be needed.
🌈 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to enabling everyone to feel included and valued at the workplace. We believe both the company and its culture are strongest when composed of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- We have flexible working hours
- We trust people to work remotely
- We extended the length of the parental leave
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, family, gender identity, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.