GiveCampus is the world's leading fundraising and engagement platform for non-profit educational institutions. Trusted by 1,000+ colleges, universities, and K-12 schools, our mission is to help advance the quality, the affordability, and the accessibility of education. We received a seed investment from Y Combinator in 2015 and have pursued a strategy of "Sustainable Growth" ever since: six consecutive years of profitability and positive cash-flow have empowered us to stay laser-focused on the value we deliver to our customers and to directly actualize the change we wish to see in the world.
While we operate at meaningful scale (we've facilitated more than $2 billion in charitable giving), we’re still small relative to the commercial and social good opportunities in front of us. Every GiveCampus employee has a substantial impact on our trajectory, and we're growing to help schools achieve even greater results.
Our purpose-driven team of 70+ is located across the US: team members work from anywhere they choose. We have a beautiful 12,000sf office in Washington, DC that is available for people to use whenever they want, and we regularly organize team meet-ups, events, and retreats in various locations. We're looking to expand our team with diverse and collaborative doers who believe in our mission and the transformative power of affordable, high-quality education.
We are looking for an experienced field marketer to manage our external and internal events strategy to drive home the value of GiveCampus to both existing and potential customers. As a Sr. Field Marketing Manager, you will manage a Field Marketing Specialist and work closely with our Business Development, Partner Success, and Marketing teams to ensure that we build awareness for our brand at every in-person conference and virtual webinar, use these opportunities to showcase our thought leadership, and leverage every event interaction to support our aggressive growth and retention goals. This role will report to the Vice President of Marketing.
As Sr. Field Marketing Manager, you will:
- Own the overall strategy, planning, and execution of both in-person and virtual events (including large conferences, prospect and customer lunches and dinners, executive roundtables, and internal events).
- Develop our field marketing strategy to determine which events GiveCampus should participate in to achieve our company objectives.
- Manage our overall events budget including tracking, reporting, and negotiating contracts with venues, event organizers, and vendors to meet business needs.
- Work with the Marketing team to ensure messaging for each event is on target, related collateral is planned and available at the booth, and all pre- and post-event communications are developed and executed on time.
- Attend our in-person events and manage our overall presence including engaging prospects on the value of GiveCampus, working with vendors, booth staffing, managing booth setup and takedown, and more.
- Establish the key metrics for the field marketing team and work closely with Revenue Operations, Growth Marketing, and Partner Marketing to determine the ROI of our field marketing efforts on MQL, SQL, pipeline, retention, and adoption and utilization.
- Generate new ideas on how to bolster the GiveCampus presence at external conferences to increase our brand awareness and create meaningful interactions between attendees and the GiveCampus team.
- Manage the strategy behind our speaking proposals, draft compelling submissions to support our thought leadership, and build relationships with key customers to support our speaking opportunities.
- Work with internal teams to set conference objectives, and create attendance and staffing plans for conferences and customer events.
- Collaborate with Brand Design to optimize our booth presence in accordance with our marketing and sales strategy, brand guidelines, and budget.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A passion for working at a mission-driven organization to advance the quality, accessibility, and affordability of education
- 5+ years experience in B2B events marketing for technology products
- Success in delivering, accelerating, and expanding sales pipeline through field marketing initiatives
- The ability to multitask and prioritize initiatives while managing expectations in a fast-paced — but always fun — environment
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
At GiveCampus, we value diversity and we pledge to foster an environment of support, inclusivity, and learning, both on the job and throughout the application process. In this spirit, we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
GiveCampus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants and employees are not discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
If you feel like you don't meet all of the requirements for this role, please apply anyways. We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome often get in the way of connecting with incredible people, and we don't want them to prevent us from meeting you.