Jobs for Humanity is dedicated to building an inclusive and just employment ecosystem. Therefore, we have dedicated this job posting to individuals coming from the following communities: Refugee, Neurodivergent, Single Parent, Blind or Low Vision, Ethnic Minority, and the Previously Incarcerated. If you identify with any of the following communities do not hesitate to register, even if you feel that this particular opportunity is not the right fit for you.
Company Name: Booking
Customer Service Advisor (Dutch speaker)
About the company
At Booking.com, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago and we’ve been shaping the travel industry ever since. Today, we’re building a platform that connects all parts of the trip – from accommodation to transport, tickets, tours and more.
From our Trips HQ in Manchester, our team helps people get where they want to go, anywhere in the world. Whether customers want the freedom of a car, the ease of a taxi or the economy of public transport, we make it all possible.
Booking.com core values
- Own It
- Learn Forever
- Succeed Together
- Do the Right Thing
- Think Customer First
We are committed to giving you everything you need to take your career in the direction you want. With our core values we ensure you contribute to Booking.com’s mission in the best way you can.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be an advocate for the Booking.com values and will do all you can to meet customer expectations – from providing support with managing their reservations to answering pre-travel questions.
- Making a positive impact on every customer contact over multiple channels such as phone, email or live chat.
- Developing fantastic product knowledge to help resolve customer queries.
- Most importantly, always ensuring a high level of customer service that’ll make anyone smile.
What you need to do it:
- Have a real passion for customer service.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Dutch.
- A natural empathy and excellent listening skills.
- You’ll be reliable, resilient and organised.
- You’ll have a desire to work in a fun and fast-paced environment where you’ll love to embrace different cultures, nationalities and languages.
- You’ll have a positive, motivated mindset that’ll help you deal with some tricky customer problems.
- 25 vacation days (rising to 28) to go exploring
- Generous accommodation discount, so you can explore for less
- Pension with up to 10% matched company contribution
- Huge learning and development platform tailored to you
- Shopping and leisure discounts through Perkbox
- Competitive maternity/paternity/adoption leave
- Hybrid way of working More Information
- Wellbeing focus
- Mental health first-aiders and free support
- Bupa Private health insurance
- Comfortable Monday to Friday shifts within office hours
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.